Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBlueEyes579

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) simulcasts they're trunked system on UHF? I see that they have some UHF frequencies on the radioreference database. I didn’t know if they did that for interoperability with the New York State Police, Erie County Sheriff's Office and with local police departments. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

D

DaveNF2G

The UHF listings are obsolete and apparently have not been removed from RR.

radiodude817

Premium Subscriber
The only interoperability I have ever heard was the FLT 3407 incident. The NFTA was linked to the onsite
VHF repeater. The VHF repeater sounded good for the communications used. The audio to the NFTA side was for the most part useless. Not being close enough to the site I would not venture to guess where the
problem was. I heard "testing" many times throughtout the operation but the problem
was not solved.

I know the County of Erie has deployable vehicles for this mission and assume that is how they accomplished the connection.

BTFire21

They were trying to use an ACU-1000 with a portable tied to the NFTA system. When I setup my ACU 1000 in our command vehicle I decided to use mobile since the portable audio just wasnt great for some reason through the ACU-1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.