UHF FDNY Channels (Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3MOT

I know there's alot of posts on this, and sorry for starting yet another one, but I have one question I need answered. What channel spacing is the FDNY using now? Also, as far as the radios like CDM's, MCS's and XTS's, how the hell am I going to stick them in there? I think I tried it on my MCS and the CPS wouldn't take it. Im sure the newer MotoHerb-o's take that spacing but I can't figure out why these ones wont. I could understand the older MTS/MCS's but the CDM's and XTS's are still in production... why wouldn't they make them work? And Shiz, the department USES XTS's, so why doesn't it work?

I'm puzzeled'ized :lol:

Any help. thanks!

kc4wwu

Fdny

They are using 6.25khz spacing.

I don't own a CDM, so I cannot speculate on them, but the XTS5000 accepts them just fine.
Just program the frequency into the XTS5000... 482.00625, 482.01875, 482.04375 etc.
You don't have to do anything special to receive them. on an XTS anyway...

73, Pete
K4QHR

W3MOT

They are using 6.25khz spacing.

I don't own a CDM, so I cannot speculate on them, but the XTS5000 accepts them just fine.
Just program the frequency into the XTS5000... 482.00625, 482.01875, 482.04375 etc.
You don't have to do anything special to receive them. on an XTS anyway...

73, Pete
K4QHR

Thanks, bro.. I appreciate the response.

That pretty much answeres the question, unless there's anyone else out there that could help with the CDM and MCS issues. I don't know how to change the channel spacing on them. I know that on the Lowband CDM's the channel spacing is right next to the frequency input field, but I cant find it on the UHF ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.