469.875 in Jefferson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone know who is rebroadcasting Jefferson County Fire Control 46.180 on the 469.875 frequency? It's a STRONG signal, as I was picking it up near the Jefferson St Lawrence County line this evening.

Jammin_Jay

I can pick it up too. I am in Kingston, Ontario near the lakeshore, and it's strong. But i could only here the dispatcher and not the mobile. Where u would here both on the 46.180 channel. I was just about to post a comment here, until i saw yours.

I was wondering myself. If there is a new radio network going in on UHF. Or is it specifically a booster
channel to rebroadcast the signal into 46.180 repeaters from the dispatch center, because of possible weak signal problems.

Perhaps someone can check the FCC database to see if a permit was issued for broadcast on this frequency. And obtain the status of broadcast and liscense

Last edited:

Disp46

Premium Subscriber
I can pick it up too. I am in Kingston, Ontario near the lakeshore, and it's strong. But i could only here the dispatcher and not the mobile. Where u would here both on the 46.180 channel. I was just about to post a comment here, until i saw yours.

I was wondering myself. If there is a new radio network going in on UHF. Or is it specifically a booster
channel to rebroadcast the signal into 46.180 repeaters from the dispatch center, because of possible weak signal problems.

Perhaps someone can check the FCC database to see if a permit was issued for broadcast on this frequency. And obtain the status of broadcast and liscense

This frequency was selected by the County's radio vendor as a replacement for the former 453.8125 which is used to key up the fire radio system's simulcast low band base stations. You will only hear transmissions from dispatch on this frequency. I am not sure how this frequency was selected beacuse it is in the business communciations segment of the UHF band, not public safety. The move was made beacuse the radio vendor felt that the old frequency was receiving interference that prevented all of the low band base stations from keying up properly. This is not a move to a new UHF radio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.