Help with Dutchess County trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreek

I need to update my Dutchess County trunking frequencies since I haven't been picking up much lately when in the area. Using the frequency chart here on Radioreference for Dutchess Edacs:

1. Do I need to add every individual frequency as listed in the chart? Are they all needed to hear all departments and transmissions or can I just a add specific towers like "Mount Beacon"?

2. I know they need to be in that exact order so what do I do where it lists "N/A"? Do I enter 000.0000 in those channels?

I have some of these frequencies programmed now but not all. I think some have changed since I last programmed them a while back. I have the talkgroups programmed that I want.

I am using a Uniden 250D.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
- One site (tower) per scanner bank

- Enter the frequencies in exact order they're listed, starting with channel 01 in the scanner. If your scanner's banks start with 00, leave that empty and enter the first frequency in 01

- Where it says "N/A", leave that channel blank

- All frequencies per site must be entered

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
My scanner works fine with the freqs off the database, well at least for system 1

scannerfreek

Still have a question. Do I have to input every tower or is one all I need? Will I hear all by monitoring one tower? Does it matter which tower?

Thanks...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It depends on what you're trying to listen to. Some agencies only operate off one or two sites. The sites are not linked currently, so you will only hear activity for that particular site, which is usually broken down geographically. Take a look at the link I posted previously, and you'll see a breakdown of the talkgroups and what sites they generally operate off of.

scannerfreek

It depends on what you're trying to listen to. Some agencies only operate off one or two sites. The sites are not linked currently, so you will only hear activity for that particular site, which is usually broken down geographically. Take a look at the link I posted previously, and you'll see a breakdown of the talkgroups and what sites they generally operate off of.

Oh I see now! Thanks so much for you response! I get it now.

One of these days I'll understand all of this trunking stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.