NYPD Priority Tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willr10

Anyone know if this is a motorola thing or something they created? Anyone have a sample recording of these tones? They usually come on the radio before a 10-13.

ff026

Feed Provider
The tone that is transmitted before all 10-13 broadcast's is a holdover from the old consoles and was included when they upgraded to the centra com consoles. From what I remember it was a custom tone created by Motorola from the original consoles.

ff026

Feed Provider
Well the feed that I provide is archived and can be downloaded so I'm sure you can find it in there and cut out the tone

willr10

Yeah I will get the Highway feed into iTunes and that just try to set to a continuous recording. There has got to be a 10-13 unconfirmed and unverified eventually.

ff026

Feed Provider
hey radioman, i know that the console's were made in house but were the electronics made by BRAMCO maybe? i cant remeber!

willr10

I subscribed to the SOD feed and play it on iTunes and then got Audio Hijack to record the feed to sift through it later but if I am gone for 8 hours from my computer that is 8 hours of data to go through so it is really a pain. I will have to do it on a saturday night or something. Plenty of 85's and 13's come over on Saturday nights so it shouldn't be too hard but it will take a while.

willr10

If anyone heard one come over between 9am-3pm today let me know it would be helpful to not have to go through nearly 6 hours of audio.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Is the tone you're talking about five or six beeps in a row?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Definitely. They are maybe 5-7 quick beeps.

Thanks. I heard it about half an hour ago on the RR Citywide feed. If you're recording, you might start searching around 5:30PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.