Codes removed----why ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ns

Why were all the 10 codes and signal codes removed from all of the southern NYS counties ??? What's the big secret ??? Everyone knows what 10-4 is.

RON :mad:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Why were all the 10 codes and signal codes removed from all of the southern NYS counties ??? What's the big secret ??? Everyone knows what 10-4 is.

RON :mad:

All of the codes, unit numbers, fire/ems station numbers and other files and related links were moved from the database itself into the Wiki.

Go to the state/county where you would usually find those codes - then click on the "Collaborate" tab and then click on the link to the Colloboration article in the wiki - there you will most likely find what you are looking for.

For instance, for Rockland County you would do this:
1. Go here: Rockland County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
2. Click on Collaborate in the menu on the left
3. Click on Rockland County Wiki Page

You'll then find yourself in the RR Wiki, in the information page for Rockland County NY.

There you have it:)

Mike

bezking

Yes, we will be removing them for the whole state DB section as they are transferred to the Wiki.

D

DaveNF2G

I must say that "collaborate" is hardly an intuitive pointer to the information.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The wiki and the forums are two important collaboration platforms. Hence, "Collaborate" - as in, post and edit unstructured data.

You know, I've always wondered what a "Forensic Scannist" is.... :)

D

DaveNF2G

Somebody looking for codes and unit numbers is not likely to associate the word "collaborate" with that kind of information.

The definition of Forensic Scannist is on my website at NF2G - New York

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.