President Obama to visit HVCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcr33

It would not be the norm for the President and Vice President to fly on the same plane.

D

DaveNF2G

Doctor Biden is not the Vice President. Jill Biden is coming because she is an educator, teaching at a community college herself.

adamgirard

I'd like to second the request for anyone to record Air Force One transmissions in and our of Albany International Airport.

Also, because I have my own scanner, what are the frequencies that I should monitor? I can't seem to find any military or AF1 frequencies on the site and this is once in a lifetime!

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
just sweeper search the fed bands/163.000-174.00 and 400.000-419.000 also sweep the mil air bands of 225.000-385.000

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Air Force One will communicate with Albany's airport and Boston Center on the normal VHF channels for the area.

mrkelso

Plenty of action with him being in NY today. I love the way everything gets locked down.

D

DaveNF2G

I monitored AF-1 after departure from Albany all the way to their first contact with NYC TRACON before they were out of my range.

adamgirard

I was at the Albany Airport for both the takeoff and the landing and I had my Radio Shack Pro 164 scanner with the stock antenna on and it was very clear.

If I remember correctly they went from Boston Center to Albany Approach to Albany Tower to Albany Ground on the way in and then pretty much the reverse on the way out.

It is very eerie to hear the controller in Albany Tower tell all commercial traffic on the taxiway "Hold position, do not move, the airport is closed to movement for the next 25 minutes for the VIP departure." or hearing any of the AF1 transmissions which were just like any other plane. Ex. "Cleared for takeoff, runway one niner, Air Force One."

It would be great if someone recorded it but I doubt it.

D

DaveNF2G

thanks K4IHS

Thanks for what? Inaccurate information? AF-1 was on the very well publicized VHF civilian aeronautical frequencies, not the military ones that he suggested paying attention to.

Maybe you should try looking things up instead of begging to be spoon-fed all the time like you usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.