Grand Central Terminal Fire Brigade Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I was reading about the Grand Central Terminal fire brigade and was wondering what frequencies they happen to use; are they the regular MNRR frequencies or do they have their own dedicated frequency?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I have a friend that works for Metro North in New Haven and is at GCT a lot. I should see him over the weekend and I'll ask him if he knows anything. He's on the brigade at the New Haven shops.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Thanks for the responses

I have a friend that works for Metro North in New Haven and is at GCT a lot. I should see him over the weekend and I'll ask him if he knows anything. He's on the brigade at the New Haven shops.

I also read in the article that in addition to Grand Central and New Haven there are fire brigades at Croton-Harmon, North White Plains, Stamford, and Bridgeport. It is interesting that MNRR has their own little volunteer fire department.

gcr33

Radioman 2001 has secret information he can only share if he kills you once you know.
Give us a break. This is a site for sharing information not hiding it or PM'ing it.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Radioman 2001 has secret information he can only share if he kills you once you know.
Give us a break. This is a site for sharing information not hiding it or PM'ing it.

I am sure that there is a perfectly legitimate reason why he is not posting certain information here on the site. I'm sure he would share the information if he could.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
People have lost their jobs by posting (what is considered by the company) privledged information that is within the scope of their employment.

Many large facilities have employee's who are cross trained to handle minor incidents onsite. Larger factories will have a dedicated emergency services department that will handle fire/EMS runs within the facility, and sometimes handle mutual aid requests off site.

PAPD is an all hazards public safety department. Its different than an employee who puts down his screwdriver and finds gear and does something minor in a volunteer capacity (they are not required to be a firefighter, they sign up for it).

The only other airport in the nation that I am personally aware of that is setup similiar to PAPD is Orange County/John Wayne airport (IIRC). There the PD/FD is all-in-one. They are cops for two days, then firefighters two days, then off. Some sort of rotation scheudle like that.

gcr33

Well I doubt that the railroad which is now MTA a state agency would be firing people for posting. There are many ways to get the information out to the public. I don't think the MTA police will be going door to door to investigate this "breach" of licensed freqs.

The public safety concept has been tried in a number of places and there are fewer and ffewer every day. It is a concept that does not work.

Spec

Ahhh but you're wrong in a way about them firing anyone. Because the railroad is under the guidance of the MTA does not preclude them from removing them from certain positions. The "railroad" has a very long history of screwing with it's employees. Sometimes it is best to just sit and wait as info does leak out. Just a bit of information there are people assigned to monitor anything that has to do with the MTA, MNRR, and the LIRR. via any media outlet and INTERNET . FACT not fiction.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
...and Spec is 110% correct. In this day in age, railroads (which is now using things such as homeland security and the such) will hold "investagations" (which usually leads to firings or disicpline levels) on just about any infraction of the company or NORAC/GCOR rules.

The railroads spend tens of thousands of dollars and years of training to try to fire you in 10 minutes.

This is also why you do not see as many newer "cab" pictures on the popular railroad sites, and if you do, you will not see a correct time, place, people or loco number associated with it.

Employees are required to report all people by the tracks, even if they know them personally to be harmless "railfans" or locals. They have the RR police pose as such at times to see if the crew will report them. If they don't, off to investagation they can go.

For some interesting reading...

http://www.utugo887.com/awards/PLB 5263/PLB5263_A236.pdf
http://www.utugo887.com/awards/PLB 5263/PLB5263_A240.pdf
http://www.utugo887.com/awards/PLB 6159/PLB6159_A80.pdf
http://www.utugo887.com/awards/PLB 6166/PLB6166_005.PDF

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
PSO concept works just fine - latest research shows that CPR started within 2 minutes of cardiac arrest works best. (Sorry - dont want to hijack the thread). Peter Sz

PJH

Premium Subscriber
What does that have to do with anything here?

Status
Not open for further replies.