Brighton NY Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffaznalz

Equip: PRO-96

I trying to program in 460.225 for Brighton NY PD but, the scanner does seem to recieve a signal. Is this the correct frequency? (I'm using a data sheet that looks a bit dated)

bezking

Hello,

I have moved your thread to the NY forum. Please post location specific questions in your state forum.

Thanks!

d_strong

Brighton PD

Brighton PD is still using 460.225Mhz with PL tone of 203.5 until Monroe County switches over to digital.

pjtreds23

Are there any plans of Monroe County going digital? I used to visit family up there quite a bit, however, I haven't been up there in a while. Also, is a digital scanner required, at this time, to listen to frequencies with "DPL's?"

D

DaveNF2G

1) Yes, Monroe County plans to go digital on police frequencies.

2) No. DPL is a form of squelch signaling that has nothing to do with the analog voice transmission.

Jammin_Jay

Does that include the City of Rochester itself, going digital? I am able to pick up Rochester PD, and other monroe county PD, ems right across lake ontario here, some days more clear then others, but good.

Last edited:

d_strong

I have heard that all the Police agencies in Monroe County are suppose to switch over to digital by the end of 2009. The channel assignments are suppose to remain the same and hopefully they will remain clear won't go with encryption.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Does that include the City of Rochester itself, going digital? I am able to pick up Rochester PD, and other monroe county PD, ems right across lake ontario here, some days more clear then others, but good.

The police radio system in Monroe County is county-wide and paid for by the county. All police agencies in Monroe County (including RPD) participate in the existing UHF radio system, and when any new technology is adopted, all will move to it. This includes the NYSP's who have Monroe County gear in their cars PLUS the NYSP stuff.

Same goes for the mobile data system, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.