Hey finding a freq in Whitestone Queens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Im trying to located the freq for Four Twos Taxi in queens ny. I had it a long long time ago and now i cant find it. Can anyone help? I went to the fcc database and got nothing.

Thanks
Mike

Four Twos
15018 12th Rd
Whitestone, NY 11357
718-746-2222

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Finding a Frequency in Whitestone Queens

I found a Four Two's Private Car Service at the address you specified in the "NYC Taxi & Limosine" website database however on another website they are listed as being on 150-17 Cross Island Pkwy. Whitestone, Qns. 11357-2631, 718-746-2222 so from the proximity of the two addresses they appear to be one & the same, I checked the FCC database & couldn't find anything under either address, maybe someone on the site could have better success.

www.ci.nyc.ny.us/taxi

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Thank you for looking. Maybe i will just call the cab company and order a cab and grab my handheld and wait for the driver to keyup the mic and i will grab the freq and post it.

thank you again for looking also

Mike

SCPD

QRT
I have used this company before and i know they don't use nextels. I know a few of the drivers hopefully one of them will just keyup the mic and i will get freq. Lets see what happens..

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
In my old police call cd I found them using 939.91250,937.95000,and 937.98750.Not sure if its trunked or conventional channels but its a start.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Finding A Frequency In Whitestone Queens

Tommyscan you did a good thing, the frequencies would have never been discovered, I used to get those Police Call CDs when they came with the guide, never could get them to work. Those frequencies you submitted along with 898.95 MHz 898.9875 MHz & 900.9125 MHz are assigned to a trunked sytem leased to various private car companies citywide provided by Amtol Communications under Four Twos displaying the callsign: WNUG975, the FCC designation is (YI) Industrial/Land Transportation 896-901/935-940 Trunked system. The transmitter is located at 350 5th Ave. in Manhattan with Four Twos Car Service control point at the address in the previous post. Mystery solved. All the information can be retrieved from the FCC database: Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Thank you Tommyscan & FLRAILMAN. If i can return the favor in any way just let me know. I dont think its trunked what in the CC for the trunked system?

Richard

Premium Subscriber
I found Four Two's Car Service operating on 937.9875 PL 192.8. I can hear the base but not the mobiles, therefore no repeater. It's not a very strong signal in Whitestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.