SUNY Maritime

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any info for SUNY Maritime at Ft Schuyler in the Bronx?

Specifically I am looking for Campus Police and the radios on the Empire State VI

I don't see an troopers around anymore, so I'm assuming that no one is on the old Metro EDACS system.

Any help appreciated.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Last edited:

SCANdal

Silent Key
I don't see an troopers around anymore, so I'm assuming that no one is on the old Metro EDACS system.
bk,

The reason why you don't see any troopers around anymore is because Troop NYC moved from the Bronx to Wards Island in the East River.

SCANdal

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is the ship, she is presently located in the GMD shipyard at the Brooklyn Navy yard. However I was there the other day and answered part of my question. Their portables are programmed with regular Marine VHF frequencies.

The communications suite is known as GMDSS, every ship has similar capabilities. Merchant Ships used to have Radio Officers aboard, but companies have cut the position. Now every officer has to be GMDSS trained. The station conforms to international standards so any officer can work on any ship.

Is this what you mean? TS Empire State VI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If so then this site has additional information about it including what the FCC database has displayed for that ship: Training Ship Empire State VI — KKFW Obviously that ship has quite a communications suite.

FLRAILMAN

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
bk,

The reason why you don't see any troopers around anymore is because Troop NYC moved from the Bronx to Wards Island in the East River.

SCANdal

I received the skinny on this from a trooper that showed up to our career fair.

I was mainly looking for what the SUNY campus police are using, and of course the portables I saw on the training ship. However I don't even see the officers carrying radios. I will take a closer look when I am out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.