RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 4:46 PM

Default Mercy Flight WNY

Does anyone know if 453.175 which is licensed to both Sloan FD and Mercy Flight is just for Lancaster/Cheektowaga to Mercy Flight or if that will be available county wide? I see it is listed now in the Town of Lancaster's new channels.
Sponsored links

Old 10-23-2009, 6:52 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Default Mercy Flight WNY

Mercy Flight is also assigned the following frequency: 155.8275 MHz under the callsign: WQJZ818 located in Buffalo, as for them providing countywide coverage, DaveNF2G has a website: http://nf2g.com which may address that issue or contact him directly.

FLRAILMAN

Last edited by FLRAILMAN; 10-23-2009 at 6:55 PM..
Old 10-24-2009, 8:25 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I believe 453.175 is used by Mercy Flight Central, not the Buffalo area Mercy Flight.
Old 10-24-2009, 9:18 AM

Dave Mercy Flight of WNY is licensed by the FCC as WQJZ818 as found by doing a simple search on fcc.gov
Old 10-25-2009, 7:12 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have all of their frequencies on my website. The point I was trying to make is that there is more than one Mercy Flight service in New York State and they have different home frequencies. Mercy Flight Central, with bases in Canandaigua and Marcellus, uses 453.175 MHz as their main operating channel. Mercy Flight, based in Buffalo, does not.
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2009, 2:07 PM

dave is correct ive done some minor research into this topic. the frequncies are diffrent
KENWOOD LO BAND
Old 10-26-2009, 3:52 PM

I have now confirmed that Mercy Flight of WNY is in fact now using 453.175. This frequency qill be used by them for comms that occur on 155.715.
Old 10-27-2009, 1:55 AM

A look at the license grant date for WQJZ818, which was 02/27/2009, should make it readily apparent that Mercy Flight WNY only recently started operating on these UHF frequencies, which previously only Mercy Flight Central operated on. It really doesn't matter what they did in the past, these things tend to evolve and change over time, hence the reason for new licenses being granted in the first place. Sounds like the RR database and Dave's site need updating, not the other way around.
Old 10-27-2009, 8:40 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If an update is needed, I will be happy to make it.

Since the new frequency for MFWNY is confirmed, what is the PL tone or DCS code in use?
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have been monitoring all the listed freq. in the database for Mercy Flight including the trunked freq. I have little to no results. Does anyone know if these are very active frequencies? Are they dispatched and communicate via cell phone or other methods?
Old 10-09-2011, 8:34 PM

Unless your near somewhere they frequently land and/or lift-off from your not going to hear much. Even then the Tx is quick and brief.

If you're near Trauma Ctr. try 123.025 and 123.050, air to air coms. Can be real busy at times.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Mercy Flight WNY

Mercy Flight on 453.1750 is using a PL of 110.9. I am in range of one of their repeaters and I hear them whenever they are in the air. I have never heard any kind of dispatch activity on this channel unless they were already in the air. When they are on the air they give location checks, patient condition info for the hospital etc. In general it is not a very busy channel but interesting listening.

Ed
Old 10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

[dead horse post - never mind]
Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other then on the local fire channel, why would you dispatch if the guys are in the waiting room anyways? just sayin.....
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

46.22 is often used for LZ coordination with fire/EMS on the ground. Most of the time it is the local FD setting up the LZ, and around here most departments / counties are still on low band (45 - 46 MHz) for fire and/or EMS.
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2011, 11:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Mercy Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2csx View Post
the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other then on the local fire channel, why would you dispatch if the guys are in the waiting room anyways? just sayin.....
]the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other,

Why do you say that, I have all the mercy flight frequencies in my scanner and the trunked system I here them on these frequences and they are very busy at times, I have been listening to them for several years and I was one of the people who found a lot of these frequencies and submitted them, so if it is slim to none to here anything on these frequencies I must be very lucky to find them ????
Steve
Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
]the likely hood of you hearing Mercy Flight being dispatched is slim other,

Why do you say that, I have all the mercy flight frequencies in my scanner and the trunked system I here them on these frequences and they are very busy at times, I have been listening to them for several years and I was one of the people who found a lot of these frequencies and submitted them, so if it is slim to none to here anything on these frequencies I must be very lucky to find them ????
Steve
I think there is a misunderstanding. He didn't say you won't hear anything, he said you won't likely hear them being dispatched. The reason being, they have staff on site. Rather than call them over the radio, they can probably walk up to them in person, or however they do it. But they don't need to call them on the radio (i.e. fire tone out) because they are already there.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:09 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

...but you'll often hear Mercy Flight Central notifying crews of an incoming job on 453.175. My guess is they are already in the air. If you want to know as soon as the decision is made to bring in the helicopter, fire dispatch is the place to be.
Old 09-20-2012, 6:01 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Trunked System???
Old 09-22-2012, 7:05 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2ER View Post
Mercy Flight on 453.1750 is using a PL of 110.9. I am in range of one of their repeaters and I hear them whenever they are in the air. I have never heard any kind of dispatch activity on this channel unless they were already in the air. When they are on the air they give location checks, patient condition info for the hospital etc. In general it is not a very busy channel but interesting listening.

Ed
I'm not sure where you ya'll are at, but I hear them dispatching, but they dispatch in code and in gps
location information. I hear both the base and the helicopters.