Trunking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I listen to the DOITT VHF system on one bank with just the control channels entered in and i wanted to program in the EAST HAMPTON system in another bank with just control channels also

Doitt CC
New York City DOITT Trunking System, New York, New York - Scanner Frequencies
857.93750c
858.93750c
859.93750c <----------------------------This one
860.93750c

East Hampton
East Hampton Trunking System, East Hampton, New York - Scanner Frequencies
856.08750a
858.76250c
859.76250c
859.93750c <---------------------------- This one
860.76250c

Is there a way to use pl tones for trunked system cause they are both using the same freq and i get doitt talkgroups on my east hampton bank. I had the same problem with adding the NJ state police system also.

Sorry for the dumb question its just really annoying hearing the DOITT stuff on another bank i have programmed for East Hampton or NJ State PD. Im Using a rs pro-160

Thanks
Mike

n2nov

First, there are no PL tones when listening to the 800 Mhz trunking systems.
Second, the range that these signals will travel is short enough that the frequency can be used by another system if it is far enough away.
Third, the talkgroups from one system will not be receivable on the other system.
Fourth, verify that you have the right control channel frequencies for each system.
Fifth, I just realized that you are in the coverage zone of the NYC DOITT system and barely on the fringes of the East Hampton (Suffolk Co.) system. Of course you WOULD hear the DOITT system on that frequency rather than Suffolk Co.!

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Since these systems share a common frequency for one of their CC's (859.9375), and since you're in Queens closer to the NYC system, anytime 859.9375 is active as a NYC CC, it's going to wipe out the East Hampton system. That's just the nature of the beast, the stronger signal will always prevail.

Now, it is possible that one system might never use 859.9375 as a CC, in which case you could lock it out from that system's bank and never have an issue. For example, if NYC uses 859.9375 frequently, but East Hampton does not, then simply lock out 859.9375 from the East Hampton bank so the scanner won't lock on that CC when the NYC system is actively using it. Most Motorola systems rotate the active CC, however, you so may wind up playing a cat and mouse game, or it may not work correctly all the time. You'll have to pay attention to when 859.9375 is the active CC for either system and adjust accordingly.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Holy Mackeral!!

I just want to know what kind of antenna you are using that allows you to receive both agencies at the same time!!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.