East Fishkill PD Using Multi-freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
It's Halloween, as usual EFPD uses their latest and greatest to make it more difficult to listen to them. A few year ago it was the MDT, before that their new trunk system and even before that analog voice inversion. Tonight, while trying to listen to them, I find the dispatch group is on the normal ID, but I hear no mobile transmissions. I checked the other frequencies in their system and found no transmissions either. I have started a search on the Depot Hill site, since the commercial provider who does their repair work has allowed them on occasion to use their system there. There are over 30 frequencies listed for that radio site,but then again they actually may be using their old VHF channel. It's going to take some time. I am not easily dissuaded. I will find them. Any help from others in the area would be appreciated.

radioman2001

Ok, more info, they seem to have gone to different talk groups for dispatch to the cars and cars talking back to HQ, possibly to cut down the chatter on the field portables when in scan, so they can hear polls. I know it's not any of the talk groups already listed. I have programmed my radio for above talk group 171 through 250 and another channel to 99 through 1. I also have to remember to bring home my LTR code reader and try that too. Don't know the reason they did this, so for now I just monitor them with a conventional scanner.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I was at the Residence Inn in Fishkill this weekend and couldn't hear squat maybe it was my location

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
Just when I had everything all programmed nice...

I will get my tapped scanner out and run LTR analyzer on the system and report back here.

Ok, more info, they seem to have gone to different talk groups for dispatch to the cars and cars talking back to HQ, possibly to cut down the chatter on the field portables when in scan, so they can hear polls. I know it's not any of the talk groups already listed. I have programmed my radio for above talk group 171 through 250 and another channel to 99 through 1. I also have to remember to bring home my LTR code reader and try that too. Don't know the reason they did this, so for now I just monitor them with a conventional scanner.

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
I am running LTR analyzer off my tapped scanner. I have only been logging for a few minutes. Here;s what I have so far.

Dispatch is still transmitting on 03-170

The cars are transmitting on their own talkgroups and they are loosely coded by car number.

so far

car 9 03-179
car 10 03-180
car 12 03-182
car 13 03-183
car 16 03-174
car 27 03-197

911 polling still on 03-091
REC dept still on 03-165

Last edited:

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
Well they are in the 171-250 group, I am not going to be able to use my LTR decoder till the weekend, so I am going to program some groups in blocks of 10 to narrow it down.

I received a couple of hits on 03-093 and 03-169 I will give a further report when I can identify them, but I wouldn't be so quick to rule out any open groups on the system.

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
I received a couple of hits on 03-093 and 03-169 I will give a further report when I can identify them, but I wouldn't be so quick to rule out any open groups on the system.

03-169 Car 7 Car 8

Possibly supervisors group?

radioman2001

The Clue

OK, here is the scoop, a fellow technician at my job does the radio work for Wappingers PD. Before they went to MOTOTRBO, they had a similar trunking system. The dispatch consoles display the car number based upon the trunked ID that is programmed into the base station, that is scanning the system .EFPD has recently purchased the same console, so it's a good bet, and I will confirm by talking to EFPD's tech later in the week, that they have done the same thing. Keep tracking the numbers, I plan to program my portable the same way they have their base programmed. Kinda nice seeing who is talking, especially since a lot of their radios originally didn't have the MDC enabled.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
is this like this on all talkgroups for EFPD or just Patrol 1 and Patrol 2?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
EFPD has been on LTR for a while, and yes the village of wappingers is on Turbo, personally I'm not a big fan of turbo

radiomanNJ1

It's called stupidity by waring Chiefs who refuse to cooperate and radio shops that are working in the best interest of their customers and the people they serve.

Mototrbo is not public safety grade and neither is LTR.

EFPD has been on LTR for a while, and yes the village of wappingers is on Turbo, personally I'm not a big fan of turbo

Spec

Both departments are located in areas that are not covered well by NYCOM's EDAC system. In fact Wapp. dumped the EDAC's because of the dead spots. E. Fishlkill is not too different with regards to coverage. The old Wapp. system was VHF and shared with other town users. What has happened is that police services needed a dedicated communications system in order to provide for MDT's etc etc. E. Fishkills system works well for the area needed to be covered. Wapps area is small and is now covered by a system that works well for them. The main sticking point is that many folks don't like the idea that the Wapps system is not capable of being monitored. That was done for several reasons and for relatively no increased cost to the village over other types of systems. Would it be the system I would have chosen..no. It works for them. NYCOMCO has marketed their products well and as a business good for them. Until someone comes up with a system for this area that works everywhere, is able to have good customer support, and is cost efficient this is what you get. There is no war of the chiefs it's simple what is in the budget and works for the members.

Status
Not open for further replies.