New feed you pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Im going to add another feed in the upcoming weeks and would like to know what you would like me to add. Im in queens NY and can pickup most things in my surrounding area without any problem. You pick it and i will add it as long as it does not break the audio feed rules.

Feed Providers are not allowed to broadcast:

* SWAT "type" operations if on dedicated channels or talkgroups
* Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations
* Dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
* Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications (exceptions include any fire fighting or EMS operations, space shuttle communications, park ranger operations)
* Any commercial service broadcast (FM/AM/TV etc)
* Music or talk show of any kind (commercial or non-commercial)
* DJ or other type of similar activity (commercial or non-commercial)
* Open Microphones
* NOAA Weather Radio (See Wunderground for a host)

SCPD

QRT
I decided to do Queens FD dispatch. As horrible as the audio is most of the time there is a lot of action.

NYRHKY94

Hi Xeno194:

Thanks for the offer! Your Queens PD feed is awesome and I find myself listening to it quite often. I'm partial to regular PD stuff just like you have on the Queens feed, so anything you can add that is similar would be good. The NYFD is covered all ready down there on other feeds, so more PD stuff would be great!

Just my 2-cents from up in NH :)

SCPD

QRT
Im glad you like it. its either queens fd or queens nypd partrol. I want to add something with some action

SCPD

QRT
Looks like my feeds will be down till i get the new sounds cards i ordered. This sucks
I setup a spare laptop and its just not working out cause the line in is actually a headphone and mic in within the same port.

NYRHKY94

Xeno:

Ignore my PM to you about the feed being down. This just answered my question. Sorry to hear about the laptop issue. I use an external USB sound card for my laptop feed due to the same reason. Hope the feed is up soon.....it's a great one for the RR site.

P.S. I like Auxscan's suggestion about adding the 105/113 pct frequency.

Mike

auxscan

thanks, ive been a scanner head since age 12. I know my action freqs as well as my less active freqs. I say go with the 105/113 pct freq. I heard a police car pursuit (rare in nyc) earlier today on that same frequency. either that or the 110/115 not very active but action packed during the fri/sat nights, and during the summer. Its funny cause they have staten Island 123 impact units patroling the cofines of the 115 pct.

D

DaveNF2G

The trouble with most FDNY feeds is that they scan all boroughs, making it almost impossible to follow any particular incident. I'd like to be able to listen to 5 feeds simultaneously, each covering a borough plus Citywide. I could then adjust the volume or mute controls at my end to follow the action more effectively.

SCPD

QRT
Thank you all for your input but fdny queens dispatch i thought was just for queens and not for the other areas (brooklyn,manhattten,bronx & staten island)

auxscan

I think he means one seprate feed for fdny queens zone. he stating that other feeds have the scanners scanning all 6 frequencies. so you really can't catch all the action and miss out on some conversation when it stops on another channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.