NYPD Skywatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

Just curious if anyone knows about the tech specs of those NYPD Skywatch apparatuses that pop up
in various neighborhoods. I read that there are 4 digital cameras and one officer inside. Walking by one, I noticed that there is a revolving antenna that looks like 4 sideways spoons (bad description). Is there anything specific to monitor from these? Unit ID?

NYCRADIO

there unit id is skywatch they stay on whatever division they set up the skywatch aka skycop so say if there located in the 75pct and see a crime or something in need of police attention they will raise central as skywatch to central we have a................... etc as for the tech specs no clue.

auxscan

They are on pct frequency that there at. windows are usaully tinted so you can't see inside it. mostly in high crime areas in the 5 boros. like housing projects, times square or desginated pct.

FrankRaffa

The "sideways spoons" as you call them look exactly like anemometers to measure wind speed.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
i just saw a skywatch today in washington park in brooklyn on myrtel ave, they were right at washington park where the projects are...bad area, but i heard with the skywatch there it's been alot nicer and quieter, but lets see how long the quiet last when june comes around, they also have a semi-perminate mobile command post set up out there right down the street...

Status
Not open for further replies.