Delaware County UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFR465

Thanks to NF2G and Dave Stark, I recently noted Delaware County is running a UHF link off 46.06.

--> Delaware County 46.06 downlink from Stamford 453.5875 100.0 <--
--> Delaware County 46.06 uplink from Bellayre Mountain 458.5375 <--

What I'm a little confused about, however, is the strange split between the two... .5875 and .5375. So I guess my question is, is this a typo or legit split (#1) and so I need to program both to hear anyone on it (#2). I'm not familiar with this "downlink and uplink" stuff.

On another note, I was up there this weekend at my place in Grand Gorge and was able to throw the info into an HT1550 UHF portable as provided. Problem was, I didn't hear anything/anyone on it and today, specifically, was quite a busy day in Delaware County with the storms that rolled through.

Anyone have additional info that may help me and/or Dave update his site even more???

SMFD34

Typo

The callsign WPWV772 indicates that the frequencies are 453.5875 and 458.5875. Given that this is a specific control link and that the power is 2W I would guess that the signal is highly directional and you will not be able to pick it up. I have tried from the Stamford area also without success in the past.

MFR465

Well that would explain the reception end of things...... I'll have to take another shot next time I'm up that way. Thanks!

D

DaveNF2G

What I'm a little confused about, however, is the strange split between the two... .5875 and .5375. So I guess my question is, is this a typo or legit split (#1) ?

It's a typo. Thanks for catching it!

MFR465

Well talk about a sketchy cross-band... I have my place in Grand Gorge which is right next door to Stamford. Now granted I was only up there for the July 4th weekend and wasn't as dedicated to monitoring as I normally am due to company, I was only able to receive this UHF channel *IN* Stamford. Any ideas?

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Stamford

I can also say that from 46.06, they occasionally come in very well on a Bethlehem NY FD frequency - 460.6375!

MFR465

Yes, I do remember that from a while back. Where are you located though? I thought that was another very local cross-band (like limited to Albany County area only)???

I remember before Schoharie County putting a PL on 46.18, I was receiving Rockland County and someone out west over their VHF 153.7625.

I'd be interested in seeing how far you are from the UHF link you speak of... wonder if it's feasible from DelCo.

Any input is appreciated!

D

DaveNF2G

As listed on NF2G's Forensic Scannist Pages, the town of Bethlehem still transmits fire alerts on 46.06 and they are relayed via UHF crossband repeater in Selkirk.

During enhanced propagation conditions, more distant transmitters will be relayed. I have even heard Onondaga County's 46.06 EMS channel relayed via Selkirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.