Suffolk getting Re-BAnded tonight 07/13-07/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2jjm

tonight Tuesday 07/13 after midnight Suffolk 800 system will be re-banded. Scheduled for approx midnight thru Wed 4AM.

bezking

If you can, please post here when this is done and we will update the database accordingly.

Thank you!

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I concur with Don. My Radios show that all the rebanded frequencies are still silent. They are still using the pre-reband frequencies for the trunk system.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Now I don't have any inside information - but I would have expected a Weekend Roll-over like Nassau County did.

As of 0124hrs, we are still using the "legacy" channels.

FWIW, my SCPD feed is ready to go with the reband. Hopefully we'll see what happens soon.

Again - I've been hearing the same story for years.. It is a hurry up and wait attitude at this point.

n2jjm

trying to get my credibility back - any I know its way down after my incorrect original info - so he we go

What I thought was a re-band was only a console upgrade. internal stuff - in prep for re-band.

reband is in progress - 7 channels soon to be re-banded - then (I believe) 7 more - than the last 6.

lots of talk on the P25 tech channel today.

Again as I understand it Suffolk is-or soon to be- using a hybrid system - some channels on the legacy system and some re-banded.

Last edited:

scannerman5555

Silent Key
lots of talk on the P25 tech channel today. that's on the Dig talk group my BC 346 XT pick it up but no voice sounds like they are working on it ..... plus picking some new talk groups too some times

a side note : Babylon town trunking has some new talk groups too now! it now 2 system jumping around reg mode and splinter mode too with I - calls on it !

RICH421

Premium Subscriber
Suffolk Rebanding

Ok from a Reliable source Suffolk's rebanding has been put on hold and it will be about a year before it is done....

Status
Not open for further replies.