.996 files for nyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovy6

I was wondering if anyone in the NYC area could post / email me their 996 / freescan files. I know the actual freqs are in the database, but I was wondering how the others in this forum organized their scanners.

I currently have mine set up as:

FDNY
- VHF
-UHF
-Firegrounds
-----------------------
NYPD
-MH
-BX
-Bk
-Qns
-SI
-Citywide
---------------------------
Ems......

I want to see how others do it because I think theres gotta be more efficient ways of organizing this.
Thanks

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Here is mine from my br330t setup

As you will see i am very anal about my text tags.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think I just attached four m96 files to this message. If not, I'll do an edit and try again. There are three files that are separate for EMS, PD, and FD, and one that is all three under several groups.

Don't let the zip file name fool you, it has all four m96 files in it.

I hope it helps.

Attachments

• NYCEMS.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

dovy6

Well escuuuze me! :p
I've been really busy with work these past few days. I had a half a chance to log in last week for a minute but not enough to actually check out the files.
Thanks a lot xeno194
@garys: how do i open those files? Can freescan open them?

gonzalu

Xeno, did you pull the files? I do not notice them linked anymore :-( Thanks in advance for your help. Trying to get off the ground quickly with my new BCD996XT. I have posted my existing files for the BC125AT and BC296D on the respective Yahoo Groups... If anyone needs those in exchange.

Cheers and thanks again!
Manny

dovy6

Here's my .996 file for NYC. Not perfect by any stretch but I think it's pretty well done. Let me know what you think..

Attachments

• nyc.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 114

gonzalu

OMG Thanks that's an AWESOME file... :)

THANK YOU. I am going to be busy tonight.

So let me get this straight, the NYC DOITT 800MHz MOT2 section... (mind you, I have NO CLUE about trunking other than a general idea that it is a shared spectrum used by many agencies etc.) so, I notice the list of frequencies in the M82S section... ALL THOSE OTHER GRPs share those frequencies? OMG! that's amazing. Where can I find a good document explaining in baby terms how it all works?

How do I find out if a set of frequencies are shared by this group or that group?

Again, terrific file, thank you so much. I will work on my Aviation file and post in exchange. I have it for BC296D and BC125AT but not for my new BCD996XT :)

Cheers
Manny

dovy6

Thanks!
I honestly don't know much about the trunked freqs, I believe I grabbed those off the RR database.

I'm actively looking for other agencies and locations that I'd be able to monitor, if anyone has them. I know I should be able to pick up many of the surrounding Jersey freqs, no? I'm in South Brooklyn and have a pretty decent antenna (I can pick up the Bx division radios.

P.S. Most of the file's information I got from n2nov's website, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him for having such a wonderful resource!

Dovy
OMG Thanks that's an AWESOME file... :)

THANK YOU. I am going to be busy tonight.

So let me get this straight, the NYC DOITT 800MHz MOT2 section... (mind you, I have NO CLUE about trunking other than a general idea that it is a shared spectrum used by many agencies etc.) so, I notice the list of frequencies in the M82S section... ALL THOSE OTHER GRPs share those frequencies? OMG! that's amazing. Where can I find a good document explaining in baby terms how it all works?

How do I find out if a set of frequencies are shared by this group or that group?

Again, terrific file, thank you so much. I will work on my Aviation file and post in exchange. I have it for BC296D and BC125AT but not for my new BCD996XT :)

Cheers
Manny

gonzalu

Well, the NYPD cheats in that they readily re-broadcast all frequencies throughout various repeaters around the city. Heck I pick up any NYPD frequency from Newark Airport, even from as far away as JFK / Queens / Inwood

But yes, I too could use a good course on how this trunking stuff actually works when it comes to finding the info, scanning, discovering etc. etc.

NAC, Tones, Data Channels, ugh, I am so lost LOL.

Thanks N2NOV as well, I have used that side a lot in the past as well. I must have the NYPD radio plan in like 200 different scanner software formats. I wish there would be one standard :p

Manny
BC296D, BC125AT, BCD996XT, AOR8000, PCR1000, PRO2042, OS-535

Last edited:

KC2zZe

Well, the NYPD cheats in that they readily re-broadcast all frequencies throughout various repeaters around the city. Heck I pick up any NYPD frequency from Newark Airport, even from as far away as JFK / Queens / Inwood
Manny, nothing of this sort is going on. There is no rebroadcasting going on. The location of Newark Airport, being practically on the water near Port Newark, is what's helping you hear things (a lot of things, yes - but I suspect not "any") in New York City. Example: The JFK area (also waterside, which helps signal propagation) is in the 113 Pct. The repeater for that zone (30) happens to be atop the control tower at JFK. That is the only place you are hearing that zone from; it isn't being rebroadcast from anywhere else as (a) there's no need to do that, and (b) the FCC license won't allow for it. The same applies for Zone 9, which covers Inwood. Repeater atop a highrise apartment building centrally located within that zone. Of the 89 or so NYPD repeaters scattered throughout the city, only 15* are simulcast, and all of these (except NYMAC 2) are from only one other location - heard on a completely seperate frequency.

* SOD; Traffic; Citywide 1, 2, and 3, NYMAC 1, 2, 3, and 6; Zones 33 and 35; and the Transit VHF to UHF links)

Last edited:

dovy6

*SOD; Traffic; Citywide 1, 2, and 3, NYMAC 1, 2, 3, and 6; Zones 33 and 35; and the Transit VHF to UHF links)

Thank you for this!
I had noticed that the 120 and 122/123 zone (35) was being simulcasted, but never noticed the queens one.
Btw, what if anything are the NYCMAC channels being used for? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.