NYPD citywide patrol zones??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I currently stream NYPD manhattan all prect. Now i n the database undercitywide it has freq. For patrol zones what do these freq Cover ??..and are they worth adding..also when a car is dispatched on the prec channnel do they stay on that channel when they arrive for ops at that call?

one11sgt

Citywide channels are used for large events and details. Some citywide units (auto crime, street crime etc) may also monitor these channels when traveling thru different pcts and boros. Citywide 1 and 2 are also used for running warrant checks. Citywide 3 is also used by the traffic control division. Citywide 4 is used for sensitive operations and may at time be encrypted.

SCANdal

Silent Key
mdsxfire,

> Now i n the database undercitywide it has freq. For patrol zones what do these freq Cover ?

To expand on the post immediately above this one, Citywide 1 is used for warrant checks by Manhattan and Bronx based units. Citywide 2 is used for warrant checks by Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island based units. Should a particular Citywide be closed for an event (the next big one being the Hallowween Parade), then the units that normally switch to that citywide will be directed to the opposite citywide channel to perform their check(s).

> and are they worth adding.

Unless an event is being run on that channel, the three citywides (CW1, CW2, and CW3) are not worth adding to your stream. The radio traffic that passes over them is dull and mundane.

> also when a car is dispatched on the prec channnel do they stay on that channel when they arrive for ops at that call?

Yes.

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.