Hello from Oshawa/Toronto, ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

I have been enjoying listening to NYSP troop A and T, Rochester, Niagara and Buffalo police for the last couple weeks due to the great conditions.. wondering if you guys have been able to do the same with our systems? From home in Oshawa they come in best but even in my office tower in Toronto I have been able to hear them .. albeit a little scratchy from all the steel in the skyscrapers.

w2rea

How far down can you hear NYSP? Can you hear Jamestown?

The only scanner traffic I can remember hearing from Canada in Jamestown is Enviroment Canada.

I did grow up listening to CFNY, Q 107, and CHUM back when CFNY was the spirit of radio, man I miss that.

VE3RADIO

I find that the counties that come in best are Niagara, Erie, Wyoming, Livingston and Monroe for New York and I often get Potter and McKean counties from PA... as for Jamestown I do hear Chatagues on occasion.. sorry for spelling.

w2rea

I remember when I was a kid we went to cottage country north of Toronto and my father made a radio check on his mobile fire radio to Chautauqua County from way up there. That was on 46.10. Do you pick up the fire or police frequencies?

I take that back about not picking anything up from Canada. I recently heard a fire dept called Norfolk and they had distinct Canadian accents. I will have to google Norfolk Ontario and find out where that is.

Before everyone had dish network and cable in Chautauqua County radio and TV from Toronto was big down here. I used to like the wrestling on CHCH.

w2rea

Just found that Norfolk is directly across the pond from here. The frequency is 154.340 .

Status
Not open for further replies.