Rebrand & BC996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRenda1

Hello,

Is there a Decent!!! Set of Instructions on How to Rebrand for The Suffolk County Police Trunk System?
Every where I go they say Create a Custom Band plan then Right After they say That they then
go off Topic and start Talking Some Mumbo Jumbo and Forget the Original Question of How to Rebrand.

Thanks

Frank

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
See EditBandPlan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki for instructions for programming a Rebanded Motorola trunked system. Note that the table provided in Chauffeur6's linked post might work, but it has unnecessary band plan entries. Only two entries are needed.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Paul,

Apparently they are in limbo and are using a mixture of the new rebanded frequencies as well as still using the old frequencies. That's why the table looks the way it does. At least according to W2LIE who pulled his hair out for days trying to get the scanner to play nice with all frequencies. I suspect the table will have to be adjusted again once they stop using the old frequencies.

RICH421

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding

Does anyone know when Suffolk will be totally on all there new frequency's and off the old?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Rich, that is a very good question...

Chauffeur - yes, they are using the Reband and the "Pre-Reband" frequencies at this time. Using the standard Reband tables will not work. And you're right - I was pulling my hair out and it paid off. I've verified my tables to work on several Unidens and GRE/PRO receivers. The only one giving me a hard time at this point is the PRO-162, and I plan on doing some more troubleshooting tonight.

Upman - I hope one day it will be that easy! Only Suffolk knows right now.

Frank - if you need specific help, please e-mail or PM me. I tried to keep all the needed information on the first page on my website, but I will rewrite that this weekend, as it probably needs a bit more info.

I'm glad I have TRUNKER to help me watch this system. Maybe I'll throw a YouTube up this weekend :)

IW_RADIO

Does anyone know when Suffolk will be totally on all there new frequency's and off the old?

Suffolk County will have to vacate the old 866-869 MHz range frequencies very soon as part of the re-banding agreement with the cellular telephone carriers. It maybe at the end of September, it maybe by the end of 2010. Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.