RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 5:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Well whoever you got the information saying it was a single trunk system is wrong. The easiest way of getting the NAC code is to go to 460.475 and hit the "E" key and scroll down until see "Audio Type", the chose "digital", it then will ask if you want to search , anser "yes" and it won't take long for it to find the NAC code. When it flashes hit the "E" key again and bingo the NAC CODE will be programed in for 460.475.
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2010, 6:00 PM

OK, never mind. I just figured it out myself. It has to be done from a search mode, hold the search on the freq I am looking for the NAC. Yes Mr w2csx, I do now see the flashing NAC code in the bottom right corner of the display. Yes, I do know the difference between conventional, trunked, etc. I do thank you for answering me. Just had to figure this thing out. These new scanners have changed from the crystal sets my father got me started on. I will still say I did read somewhere to do what I was previously stating. Maybe someone is giving false info, oh well.

Again, thanks all!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 9:33 PM

OK NAC CODES

As you already stated you already have Monroe County programmed into you scanner. So for example Sheriff Dispatch. Whatever group you have Monroe County setup in, go to your Sheriff Dispatch Channel or any other digital channel, scroll down to Set Audio Type, select Digital Only, next select Search. Now when that channel talks again it will flash the current NAC that is being transmitted. When you see that NAC flashing on the lower right hand side hit enter and it will store it into that channel.

FYI - That is the same way you set up Analog PL Tones. Just select Analog and not digital.

Dan
Old 10-14-2010, 9:35 PM

I guess you figured it out when I was typing my reply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodnough View Post
OK, never mind. I just figured it out myself. It has to be done from a search mode, hold the search on the freq I am looking for the NAC. Yes Mr w2csx, I do now see the flashing NAC code in the bottom right corner of the display. Yes, I do know the difference between conventional, trunked, etc. I do thank you for answering me. Just had to figure this thing out. These new scanners have changed from the crystal sets my father got me started on. I will still say I did read somewhere to do what I was previously stating. Maybe someone is giving false info, oh well.

Again, thanks all!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2DMG View Post
I guess you figured it out when I was typing my reply to you.
It takes you 3 and a half hours to type out a reply? LOL!
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2010, 4:28 AM

K2DMG,

Thanks for your reply also. After reading w2csx's reply, I things started making the lights go on!!! LOL. As I stated earlier, the manual for this thing is terrible as far as trying to read and understand as there are several different models included in it. I now see what you guys are talking about. Partially stupid me and partially stupid software was causing the whole problem. The default when programing was set for "All" audio types, not for digital only, thus causing the scanner to not "Flash" the NAC code for me. I do thank both of you for your assistance.
Old 10-15-2010, 8:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I agree the lack of a manual causes a lot of trouble. I read the online manula at uniden a lot and marks scanner page. Also a lot of trial and error.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:55 AM

Yes indeed! The online is the one I downloaded from Uniden, as the one that comes with the scanner is the same on disk. I did briefly check out Mark's manuals. Seems to make much more sense. Again, thanks for all your help.
Old 10-16-2010, 7:52 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Exclamation 460.475 Dead Key Is gone Now !

Hello Everyone This Is 511. Just wanted to get back to everyone on the problem with Monroe County Sheriffs CH. 460.475. Looks like the problem has been fixed. I don't have a dead key with open dead air on this channel anymore. Radio Center must have fixed this problem with the repeater site at Harris whalen park in Penfeild? Big thanks goin out to ED for tracking down the problem :]

THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT,

Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2010, 3:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Good news.