radio shack pro 2096 rebanding problem for suffolk county

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfinamore

downloaded new rebanded frequiencies off rr website but radio not picking all transmissions or intermittent transmissions. Any ides please

RayK

Hi ,read this wikw page about rebanding your radio located at the bottom of the wiki page
"http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Win96"

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you rebanding by hand, or by software?

I was able to do my PRO-2096, but did it via BuTel's software and set it to use custom multi-tables.

wfinamore

I downloaded them with a free download from the radio reference website and it still wont work, can you do it by the keyboard on the radio or do you need the special software?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I downloaded them with a free download from the radio reference website and it still wont work, can you do it by the keyboard on the radio or do you need the special software?
If system is EDACS system, answer is yes. Reprogram frequencies in listed LCN order starting with slot 01 (not 00) in selected bank.

If Motorola tronking system answer is no. You will need software to program up to 6 Extended Tables. Program new red and blue freqs.

I use Win96 but ARC96 should also work.

comspec

I am still not convinced that my Pro-106 is working properly,

I applied the custom trunking tables and the new frequencies but my radio will often lock onto a talkgroup without any audio and occasionally it will just flash random talkgroup numbers.

Yes I am getting some audio traffic but it seems to be a lot less than pre-rebanding,

Is it possible this system is in some sort of halfway point in the rebanding process or am I just missing something.

I know the old system doesn't come in at all. I will be out in Suffolk next week.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I am still not convinced that my Pro-106 is working properly,

I applied the custom trunking tables and the new frequencies but my radio will often lock onto a talkgroup without any audio and occasionally it will just flash random talkgroup numbers.

Yes I am getting some audio traffic but it seems to be a lot less than pre-rebanding,

Is it possible this system is in some sort of halfway point in the rebanding process or am I just missing something.

I know the old system doesn't come in at all. I will be out in Suffolk next week.

How far are you away from Suffolk? Maybe you are too far from the control channel to get consistent decoding?
Here is my Pro-106 setup which tracks the Suffolk TRS 100%:

Frequencies:

Below is my currently working table. It was set up when the system was in the process of rebanding when they were using the old and new frequencies at the same time. I never bothered to change it and it still works fine. I just noticed I have an odd frequency in there, 84.625. It is supposed to be 846.625, but that is for the old system so you really don't need it.
Good Luck and Happy Holidays,
Bob

Attachments

• SUFFOLK TABLE.jpg
    SUFFOLK TABLE.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.