NYPD response to scaninnyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I am post reply

ASTRO2001

hay you can't listen to encryption if you could you will go to jail and it is againt the law as for a live feed on the NYPD they don't care my friend has a live feed in the NYC area THEY DON'T CARE just do and the only NYPD that use encryption are OCCB,NARC,IAB all other is open channel. Quit wasting the NYPD time that have more that to respond to you.I have family in the nypd and they dont care either they listen to the sod channel lost on they blackberry or EVO sprint

BELOW IS A LIST OF NYPD LIVE FEEDS:
NYPD Transit Div 3 - Queens - Brooklyn East
NYPD Special Operations Division and Traffic (SOD)
NYPD Zone 11 - Bronx 42, 44 Pcts
NYPD Zone 10 - Bronx 40, 41 Pcts

n2nov

KiloPapa, your message showed up in the public forum rather as a private message to scaninnyc. Second, constant badgering with questions to any government agency will cause them to rethink their longterm policies; so stop rocking the boat. Third, I too come from the NYPD family and I keep things under the radar when talking to my family and other brass in the various agencies. Learn by listening covertly and don't poke the sleeping tiger.

minasha

Hey,

I listen to the frequencies where those 3 squads are and i never hear any encrypted transmissions ?

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Nypd does not use encryted tranmissions on any of there channels WTF you talking about guy?

FLA2760

KiloPapa, your message showed up in the public forum rather as a private message to scaninnyc. Second, constant badgering with questions to any government agency will cause them to rethink their longterm policies; so stop rocking the boat. Third, I too come from the NYPD family and I keep things under the radar when talking to my family and other brass in the various agencies. Learn by listening covertly and don't poke the sleeping tiger.

This is spot on.

W2NJS

The NYPD doesn't need to have an opinion on the interception of encrypted radio transmissions because the question is already covered by Federal regulations which prohibit it. If you insist on drawing attention to yourself with suspicious questions such as this don't be surprised if someone shows up at your door and wants to ask you some questions. I understand if you didn't know about this matter before but now you do, so please don't pursue it.

KiloPapa

In case this wasn't clear with post number one:
1) I realize that this is not a private message.
2) scaninnyc ALREADY supposedly wrote NYPD
3) scaninnyc ALREADY offered to post the reply
4) I'm just asking scaninnyc to post the reply
5) I do NOT plan on writing NYPD
6) This is not about encryption, used or not

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
This is a reply to somebody from a different thread in a different forum... That thread has been closed.

I see no real reason to close this one....... yet........

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

FLA2760 said:

This is spot on.

I agree!

one11sgt

Nypd does not use encryted tranmissions on any of there channels WTF you talking about guy?

They absolutely do when they want too. CW 4, OCCB, IAB, can all be encrypted whenever they want them to be.

KiloPapa

horseman, I agree with what you deleted, which is why I started this thread. I want to know what the response was.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber

Sure they can be encrypted but they never have been so far my uncle is a radio tech for nypd 24/7 365 all nypd channels are in the clear

one11sgt

No disrespect to your uncle, but I have heard encrypted transmissions on CW4 and IAB. They are still able to broadcast conventional transmissions, but when the right person/persons speak, they are encrypted. Listen for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.