West Point Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I am new to digital scanners so please forgive my ignorance! I just downloaded the West Point files from Radio Reference and added them to my PRO-106. I have not heard any transmissions. I am about 9 miles from the Point. I checked the frequencies downloaded and noticed there is only one loaded in the TSYS settings. Shouldn't all the frequencies be loaded on the list? If so, do they have to be in any particular order? Thanks in advance.

Mike

ecps92

You may want to read this thread
http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...-forum/196476-west-point-trs.html#post1428029

I am new to digital scanners so please forgive my ignorance! I just downloaded the West Point files from Radio Reference and added them to my PRO-106. I have not heard any transmissions. I am about 9 miles from the Point. I checked the frequencies downloaded and noticed there is only one loaded in the TSYS settings. Shouldn't all the frequencies be loaded on the list? If so, do they have to be in any particular order? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bill,
Thanks for your reply. I read the thread before I posted the question and still can't figure it out!
Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to forum

Mike
And that frequency should be 140.66250 because the TSYS is P25 which requires only the control channel (CC). The controller will find an unused voice channel (VC) and match that frequency with the TGRP when user keys the mike button.

Be patient, my understanding is that the West Point system isn't used much.

Last edited:

comspec

Try the following in your custom trunking table

LOW CHANNEL- 0
HIGH CHANNEL- 4095
OFFSET- 0
BASE FREQ- 136.000
STEP- 12.500

The settings in the RR Database did not seem to work in my Pro-106. After I made the changes it worked for me. And yes, be patient there is not as much traffic as you would think, but there is some. Had a fire alarm go off a few days ago and for a while there was a lot of traffic on the Base FD frequency.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Try the following in your custom trunking table

LOW CHANNEL- 0
HIGH CHANNEL- 4095
OFFSET- 0
BASE FREQ- 136.000
STEP- 12.500

The settings in the RR Database did not seem to work in my Pro-106. After I made the changes it worked for me. And yes, be patient there is not as much traffic as you would think, but there is some. Had a fire alarm go off a few days ago and for a while there was a lot of traffic on the Base FD frequency.
You're correct, it seems I've heard this is one of the few system that will not auto set T-tables. But Win500 obviously set system to Auto P25 and scanner isn't setting tables from CC.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Are those settings available in PSR 500/600? I found them in WIN500, but not PSR and I am still in the trial period wondering which one to buy. I was leaning toward PSR

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Where are the settings for the custom trunking tables in PSR EDIT 500?
Yes, in trunking objects tab use pulldown to system name. Click Edit, tic Custom bullet then Edit Tables bar.

Also, make sure system type is set to P25 Manual.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thanks! Are those settings available in PSR 500/600? I found them in WIN500, but not PSR and I am still in the trial period wondering which one to buy. I was leaning toward PSR
Run both for awhile. ARC500 and ScanControl are also available for these scanners.

I mostly use Win500 but PSREdit has a couple of advantages over Win500. However, in my opinion, Win500 is easier to edit and by far has the best remote operation.
Monitor/Control for Win500.
Scanner Control for PSREdit500.
Virtual Control for ARC500.
Control/Monitor Radio for ScanControl.

PSREdit will import large statewide multisite Motorola and P25 trunking systems better.

Three distinct disadvantages for ScanControl are:
a) no direct import from RR...it uses a Data Grabber method which is Copy /Paste and that alone has inherent problems which are to lengthy to mention here.
b) it will not run unless a supported radio is hooked up and turned on.
c) too pricey for full version.

ARC500 is too pricey for full version and has a couple of other issues.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the quick replies! This has got to be the best scanner I have owned yet and I have been into monitoring since 1970!

Mike
W2MDM

Status
Not open for further replies.