Status
Not open for further replies.

MB

Feed Provider
Everyday right around dusk (4:30 - 5:30 PM) I hear a lot of traffic on DEC's Ranger repeater output frequency - 159.435 PL 131.8.

It sounds like some sort of operation where they are studying birds and trying to get them to move to different locations using lazer and other sources of lights. I hear a lot of mention of the "Dam", "Cunningham's Ledge" and the "Narrows". Any one have any idea what this is all about and where this is coming from?

I can here them crystal clear from here on the eastern edge of the Adirondacks in the Lake Champlain Valley.

ecps92

It could be one of the Massachusetts Reservoirs [Quabbin or Wachusett]

they run 159.4350 R 131.8 Hz

This document and this one talk about Cunningham Ledge, so it's Massachusetts

Everyday right around dusk (4:30 - 5:30 PM) I hear a lot of traffic on DEC's Ranger repeater output frequency - 159.435 PL 131.8.

It sounds like some sort of operation where they are studying birds and trying to get them to move to different locations using lazer and other sources of lights. I hear a lot of mention of the "Dam", "Cunningham's Ledge" and the "Narrows". Any one have any idea what this is all about and where this is coming from?

I can here them crystal clear from here on the eastern edge of the Adirondacks in the Lake Champlain Valley.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound

ECPS is correct-
it is Quabbin Reservoir-
The rangers are chasing the gulls off the reservoir - they don't want the excessive bird doo doo in the drinking water. A very strong signal even here on the shore of Ct.
Bob

MB

Feed Provider
Wow thats over 200 miles from here! I can't believe I am receiving them DFQ. They must have a good repeater location. They also must be interfering with the NYS Rangers radios.

Thanks for the information guys!

ECPS is correct-
it is Quabbin Reservoir-
The rangers are chasing the gulls off the reservoir - they don't want the excessive bird doo doo in the drinking water. A very strong signal even here on the shore of Ct.
Bob

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Wow thats over 200 miles from here! I can't believe I am receiving them DFQ. They must have a good repeater location. They also must be interfering with the NYS Rangers radios.

Thanks for the information guys!

They transmit from the Quabbin Mtn. or MOUNT WACHUSETT - 611 ft, above sea level

FCC Callsign WNJU334 Details

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.