Westchester County questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

So I am listening Westchester County Police and the TMC and I have a few questions about the unit numbers.

First, what is the difference between the WCPD cars that identify with a post, like "Baker 1" or "Harry 2" or " 27 Charile" and those that identify with a four digit number like 1414 or 4179?

On the state police side, which department does 7K181 belong to?

one11sgt

So I am listening Westchester County Police and the TMC and I have a few questions about the unit numbers.

First, what is the difference between the WCPD cars that identify with a post, like "Baker 1" or "Harry 2" or " 27 Charile" and those that identify with a four digit number like 1414 or 4179?

On the state police side, which department does 7K181 belong to?

If you look on feed details, I have provided all that info. Baker 1 is the lower Bronx river pkwy. Harry 2 is the upper Hutchinson river pkwy. 1 is lower, 2 is upper of whatever pkwy they are on. 27C patrols Cortland. The cars that identify with numbers are either extra cars or supervisors.

7K cars are Troop K Zone 7 cars assigned to local policing in a specific town/village.

See feed notes:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=6934 NYSP
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=5879 WCPD

Last edited:

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

I believe the 7 with NYSP indicates a local PD car that is dispatched by the local SP barracks. That is how it seems to be in Dutchess County.

comspec

Yes 7 indicates local PD. The first digit in the 3 digit suffix also indicates the zone. So 7K181 would be a local PD in Zone 1.

Going back to his original question, what department is 7K181 I think he understand this and wants to know what local PD it is.

His topic was "Westchester" so if there is a department in Columbia and Duchess with 7K181 the persons who may know that answer might not be reading this thread.

All the local departments in Westchester dispatched by TMC are 7K3xx.

stevenmilford

Yonkers dpw

Hi all happy new year i have a question about yonkers dpw on snow days the data base here says that the freq for dpw is 45.760 i have that in my pro 96 scanner and i have not heard a thing on that freq during snow days are they using nextel cell phones instead on using there radios please let me no on the site thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.