Couple a question about programming my new Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleb

I am a total newb at using a scanner but have most of the channels I want programmed in... so far my only issues are :

1) Programming Skywarn frequencies

I entered the three western NY sets in 997-999 that I got from here : http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/buf/freqmap.htm

I am using Win97 and got a RR account so it could pull the codes in for me... thats how I programmed most everything...

So I am filling out Win97 for the frequencies listed above. I set the Rx Mode to FM... but the part of the Freq after the PL what do I do with that?

what should I expect to hear on these anyways??

2) I want to listen to the Buffalo State Police and used Win97 to pull in the trunk freq for it but as of yet have not heard anything... anyone else in WNY able to get it working...

I am reading Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual as it seems much easier to follow then the manual...

thanks... in advance...

oh if there are any really interesting channels to listen to please let me know... I have Buffalo PD & FD, Kenmore/Tonawanda ones and the sheriffs but thats it for right now... I am located in Kenmore...

thanks again

cleb

seeing as I have not had any luck with this post I'll go ask the first part in the radio shack forum...

the second part I am still wondering about... has anyone be able to tune the buffalo state PD trunk frequencies...

I work there and would like to be able to tune them in... There are also other radio frequencies used by maintenance that would be nice to be able to tune it... any ideas...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.