Upstate NY 157.560 203.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
yeah i get the frequency part more interested in the PL and whoms useing it....and yes it used to be a taxi pair, was the mobile half so it could be a taxi company....but it just showed up last night and this am so i doubt it. More likely a expired/unlicensed user,

Spec

I show an old listing for Manchester, Ct under the call sign WNKC275. This a five year old list and it was used as a local gov't freq.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that they took a Taxi pair and made it a Local gov pair......Must have been really crowded for freq there....and there quite a ways away...but if its there PL than maybe

MANCHESTER, TOWN OF
MANCHESTER, CT 06040
ATTN Water & Sewer Dept. R J Dusza Jr
WNKC275 - MANCHESTER, TOWN OF

ecps92

Many previously single user type channels are now being shared outside of the original use type. ie:
LA - Automobile Emergency
LI - Passenger Transport
LJ - Property Transport
LR - Railroad
LU - Pasenger Transport
LV - Property Transport
LX - Taxi Cabs

are all being shared as General Business and Local Government now and many of the old Taxi Pairs are being used as Repeater Pairs now.

yeah i get the frequency part more interested in the PL and whoms useing it....and yes it used to be a taxi pair, was the mobile half so it could be a taxi company....but it just showed up last night and this am so i doubt it. More likely a expired/unlicensed user,

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Yeah i did a little more research on this freq....Seems in the early days was a taxi split in the city's over 50,000 pop and Business,schools etc outside said citys.....Now pretty much whatever as long as its not close to a protected freq. hasn't bothered nothing in a day or 2 so who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.