RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 7:51 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default New Oswego county frequencies?

Just noticed a slew of UHF frequencies recently issued to Oswego County from the public service trunked pool. Going to give a listen to see if there is anything, but anyone have any knowledge of this? Here is the listing.
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

These frequencies are set aside for Oswego County's "future use" on the Central New York Interoperable
Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network.

Onondaga County is the master site, and other counties, such as Oswego County will join in. Onondaga, already on the air.

Save yourself the time, and don't bother plugging these frequencies in just yet. They are not active. In fact, land for some of the "new" tower locations were purchased only this past Summer & Fall.

I DO NOT know this for sure (and I am only speculating), but I think Madison and Cayuga counties are getting closer to getting on this system than what Oswego county is. I think you will see Madison County come next, then Cayuga, then Oswego. From what I have read and heard, thats the way it sounds. And I could be wrong too :-)

Maybe by the end of this year or early 2012, Oswego County will be in the early stages of getting this new UHF P25 digital system on the air.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks, thought it may be that, but thought it was further out. Also watching a new tower put up at the Fulton water tower site. Significantly higher than all the other stuff on the water tower, but not seeing any antennas yet. Didn't see Fulton included (yet) in the new system, but be interesting to see what goes up there (unless it's just cell service).
Old 01-22-2011, 12:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Add Cortland County to the list. Madison County is progressing on their system. Talkgroups were being hashed out over the summer, though since then I haven't heard on how the project is going. Oswego and Cayuga Counties should have signed with Motorola by now and would be doing the initial stage planning and tower site acquisitions at this time. There is another Consortium meeting coming up relatively soon and if there are any developments I will share what I know.

QUOTE=KC2CNY;1464488]These frequencies are set aside for Oswego County's "future use" on the Central New York Interoperable
Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network.

Onondaga County is the master site, and other counties, such as Oswego County will join in. Onondaga, already on the air.

Save yourself the time, and don't bother plugging these frequencies in just yet. They are not active. In fact, land for some of the "new" tower locations were purchased only this past Summer & Fall.

I DO NOT know this for sure (and I am only speculating), but I think Madison and Cayuga counties are getting closer to getting on this system than what Oswego county is. I think you will see Madison County come next, then Cayuga, then Oswego. From what I have read and heard, thats the way it sounds. And I could be wrong too :-)

Maybe by the end of this year or early 2012, Oswego County will be in the early stages of getting this new UHF P25 digital system on the air.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Rumor has it Jefferson County is seeking a UHF P25 trunked system also.

Mike
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Oswego and Madison are neck and neck racing to the finish, both are scheduled to be online this coming summer. Oswego might be a month or two ahead. Cayuga is about 1 year behind them. Not sure where Cortland is.

Reguarding Jeff County, a UHF P25 system is desirable for a number of reasons, and has been discussed. Any talk about that should be considered long-term planning.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Database Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

RE: Jefferson County. Yes, I agree Studgeman - a UHF P25 trunked system for us would probably be 5 years down the road.

Mike
Old 01-27-2011, 6:10 PM

Oswego and Madison will probably come online about the sam time. I think both are slated for the fall of this year. Fulton Water Tower is up and has legacy antenna's on it. Redfield was just cut over to the new tower today with legacy equipment.
Old 01-28-2011, 7:47 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

So Fulton is going to be part of the new system I take it, is that what the new tower is for? I'll look closer, haven't noticed anything on it, just curious. Might make some good scanning for me eventually as long as my 197 / 106 aren't overloaded
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2011, 3:41 PM

Yes FWT is part of the new system. Not much there yet. 2 antenna's for EMO were hung and a PTP link to EMO from the site. That will be the only items in there for some time.
Old 03-29-2011, 8:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Anyone know if any progress has been made on the Oswego County system?
Old 04-01-2011, 1:08 PM

See above, both Madison Co. and Oswego are expected to be on by the early fall.
Old 04-15-2011, 4:09 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

we in madison county are looking at testing by summers end and fully op by years end. Cayuga is looking at a yr or yr and half away yet. They have to be careful as not to interfere with the canadians. Cannot wait till we get pagers that work good.
Old 04-15-2011, 4:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I am gonna have to break down and get a digital scanner soon. then programming should be real fun. no more hand input.
Old 04-24-2011, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennzesky View Post
Anyone know if any progress has been made on the Oswego County system?
Yes.

Ha, you probably are looking for more info than that....new tower and shelter in Orwell, Bunker Hill...Redfield shelter in with stuff.....Other sites are being readied for installs....
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2011, 7:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicomman View Post
Yes.

Ha, you probably are looking for more info than that....new tower and shelter in Orwell, Bunker Hill...Redfield shelter in with stuff.....Other sites are being readied for installs....
Much appreciated, any info helps, wanna keep tabs on the process and all... thanks!
Old 05-01-2011, 3:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Madison Co Battalion 1 and 2 have met and Battalion 3 will be meeting soon to discuss progress. B1 is North Rts 5 and 31. then south splits SE and SW. I will post specific departments and their battalion in next few days. We have not been told frequencies as of yet but I will try to update if I hear.
Old 05-01-2011, 7:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Frequencies have already been dished out. According to FCC, paging will take place on 453.1625, and 460.0625 (EMS??).

Digital Trunked frequencies will be:

They are also licensed for about 22 "off-network" (simplex) frequencies. 19 of those channels are will be shared with Onondaga & Oswego Counties. I noticed the off-network channels for Onondaga County are using a PL tone of 156.7, Madison maybe using the same PL for interoperablilty reasons. Don't forget U-Tac and V-Tac channels with these new systems coming online.
Old 05-01-2011, 8:22 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

156.7 is the specified national interop tone. $293 is the national interop NAC.
Old 05-28-2011, 7:07 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm so happy they will be doing away with the LTR system.