New Oswego county frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed a slew of UHF frequencies recently issued to Oswego County from the public service trunked pool. Going to give a listen to see if there is anything, but anyone have any knowledge of this? Here is the listing.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
These frequencies are set aside for Oswego County's "future use" on the Central New York Interoperable
Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network.

Onondaga County is the master site, and other counties, such as Oswego County will join in. Onondaga, already on the air.

Save yourself the time, and don't bother plugging these frequencies in just yet. They are not active. In fact, land for some of the "new" tower locations were purchased only this past Summer & Fall.

I DO NOT know this for sure (and I am only speculating), but I think Madison and Cayuga counties are getting closer to getting on this system than what Oswego county is. I think you will see Madison County come next, then Cayuga, then Oswego. From what I have read and heard, thats the way it sounds. And I could be wrong too :)

Maybe by the end of this year or early 2012, Oswego County will be in the early stages of getting this new UHF P25 digital system on the air.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, thought it may be that, but thought it was further out. Also watching a new tower put up at the Fulton water tower site. Significantly higher than all the other stuff on the water tower, but not seeing any antennas yet. Didn't see Fulton included (yet) in the new system, but be interesting to see what goes up there (unless it's just cell service).

c0untyb0y

Add Cortland County to the list. Madison County is progressing on their system. Talkgroups were being hashed out over the summer, though since then I haven't heard on how the project is going. Oswego and Cayuga Counties should have signed with Motorola by now and would be doing the initial stage planning and tower site acquisitions at this time. There is another Consortium meeting coming up relatively soon and if there are any developments I will share what I know.

QUOTE=KC2CNY;1464488]These frequencies are set aside for Oswego County's "future use" on the Central New York Interoperable
Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network.

Onondaga County is the master site, and other counties, such as Oswego County will join in. Onondaga, already on the air.

Save yourself the time, and don't bother plugging these frequencies in just yet. They are not active. In fact, land for some of the "new" tower locations were purchased only this past Summer & Fall.

I DO NOT know this for sure (and I am only speculating), but I think Madison and Cayuga counties are getting closer to getting on this system than what Oswego county is. I think you will see Madison County come next, then Cayuga, then Oswego. From what I have read and heard, thats the way it sounds. And I could be wrong too :)

Maybe by the end of this year or early 2012, Oswego County will be in the early stages of getting this new UHF P25 digital system on the air.[/QUOTE]

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Oswego and Madison are neck and neck racing to the finish, both are scheduled to be online this coming summer. Oswego might be a month or two ahead. Cayuga is about 1 year behind them. Not sure where Cortland is.

Reguarding Jeff County, a UHF P25 system is desirable for a number of reasons, and has been discussed. Any talk about that should be considered long-term planning.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
RE: Jefferson County. Yes, I agree Studgeman - a UHF P25 trunked system for us would probably be 5 years down the road.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Oswego and Madison will probably come online about the sam time. I think both are slated for the fall of this year. Fulton Water Tower is up and has legacy antenna's on it. Redfield was just cut over to the new tower today with legacy equipment.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
So Fulton is going to be part of the new system I take it, is that what the new tower is for? I'll look closer, haven't noticed anything on it, just curious. Might make some good scanning for me eventually as long as my 197 / 106 aren't overloaded :)

SCPD

QRT
Yes FWT is part of the new system. Not much there yet. 2 antenna's for EMO were hung and a PTP link to EMO from the site. That will be the only items in there for some time.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
See above, both Madison Co. and Oswego are expected to be on by the early fall.

chittshrek

we in madison county are looking at testing by summers end and fully op by years end. Cayuga is looking at a yr or yr and half away yet. They have to be careful as not to interfere with the canadians. Cannot wait till we get pagers that work good.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone know if any progress has been made on the Oswego County system?

Yes.

Ha, you probably are looking for more info than that....new tower and shelter in Orwell, Bunker Hill...Redfield shelter in with stuff.....Other sites are being readied for installs....

chittshrek

Madison Co Battalion 1 and 2 have met and Battalion 3 will be meeting soon to discuss progress. B1 is North Rts 5 and 31. then south splits SE and SW. I will post specific departments and their battalion in next few days. We have not been told frequencies as of yet but I will try to update if I hear.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies have already been dished out. According to FCC, paging will take place on 453.1625, and 460.0625 (EMS??).

Digital Trunked frequencies will be:

They are also licensed for about 22 "off-network" (simplex) frequencies. 19 of those channels are will be shared with Onondaga & Oswego Counties. I noticed the off-network channels for Onondaga County are using a PL tone of 156.7, Madison maybe using the same PL for interoperablilty reasons. Don't forget U-Tac and V-Tac channels with these new systems coming online.

D

DaveNF2G

156.7 is the specified national interop tone. $293 is the national interop NAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.