Mystery Rockand/Orange County UHF Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing a cross band repeater on a business band INPUT and I am in Central Jersey about 40 air miles south. I hear this 24/7 no band enhancement needed.

It is appears to be repeating Rockland /Orange County Fire & EMS, I think I also hear 60 control.

Did a FCC license search to no avail. I do not think it is down this way.

Anyone else hearing 469.7875 PL 71.9, strapping signal.

Negative Google or Radio Reference search.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
There are lots of licensees on that channel, including a radio shop in Staten Island.I doubt that you will find an actual licensee that is going to say rebroadcasting of PS radio services. It might be a harassment transmitter because someone licensed up right next to them. Seen that before, I have even seen people put out constant data to chase people off what the perceived as "their" channel.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Good thought (image), tried a IF swap on the 996XT, still there. Waiting for someone up in Rockland County area to take a listen.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It is appears to be repeating Rockland /Orange County Fire & EMS, I think I also hear 60 control.

Give us a bit more info than that. You're talking about 3 different counties and dozens of potential frequencies it could be repeating. What exactly are you hearing? What identifiers? "Orange 911"? "44-Control"? "60-Control"?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Sure, I am hearing all three Id's you mention via the link which must be in scan on the Low Band Side. Mostly dispatch channels but I have heard both sides of conversation on occasion, so there must be an operations channel in the low band scan list as well. KEE398 is just one of several.
At the moment I am hearing dispatch calling Ellenville Comand . Operations channel is covering Monroe,calling Orange 911. Also heard a van fire on the Tappan Zee this morning. This link is covering quite a bit of territory. I must be at least fifty miles from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jvdet

cant hear it in Pearl River during a low band dispatch of 44 control, did not hear during a 60 control test ???

Alarms50

This probably is not the link, but I have heard Putnam Valley FD's repeater (453.1875) repeating Westchester, in addition to Putnam FD freq's. I have not heard any other freq's when I have been in the area of this repeater.

SCANdal

Silent Key

453.1875 (123.0) is actually Putnam Valley Volunteer Ambulance Corps' frequency, not the PVFD's. See WPWP-237. The reason why you are hearing both Putnam 9-1-1 and 60-Control over that frequency/PL combo is because both counties happen to be using 155.205 (162.2), the combo being simulcast.

SCANdal

Status
Not open for further replies.