173.475 Buffalo NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Does any one know who this frequency belongs to, it's comming out of Buffalo NY 173.475 and it's encrypted, I think it could be Customs or Border Patrol but not sure.
Steve

ecps92

Analog or P25??

If P25 , if anyone catch a NAC, that will help.

Does any one know who this frequency belongs to, it's comming out of Buffalo NY 173.475 and it's encrypted, I think it could be Customs or Border Patrol but not sure.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
107th frequencies

My scanner is out of reach at the moment, but is it one of the 107th "mid air" freqs? They just started using crypto within the last week.... :(

:wink: I think you have something it's right between two 107th frequencies

173.4375 AIR FORCE BASE SECURITY (P25) 680 CONTROL ,TERMINATOR ,VIPER , INDIA , ALPHA ,

173.4750 P25 ENC

173.5875 AIR FORCE BASE 107TH AIR REFUELING WING FIRE/CRASH/PLANE MAINTANENCE (P25)

Just checked and 173.4375 is P25 ENCRYPTED now
Steve

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

NAC 167 usually indicates FBI. They run encrypted almost 100% of the time.

ecps92

What do we have for a NAC for 4375?
I had $293 and had that as CBP Air Base Niagara Falls
the same for 5875, are these not CBP, but AF??

and yup, $167 would typically be FBI

:wink: I think you have something it's right between two 107th frequencies

173.4375 AIR FORCE BASE SECURITY (P25) 680 CONTROL ,TERMINATOR ,VIPER , INDIA , ALPHA ,

173.4750 P25 ENC

173.5875 AIR FORCE BASE 107TH AIR REFUELING WING FIRE/CRASH/PLANE MAINTANENCE (P25)

Just checked and 173.4375 is P25 ENCRYPTED now
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

I believe those 173 MHz listings are incorrect to begin with.

For one thing, the unit now assigned to the air base at Niagara Falls IAP is no longer the 107th Air Refueling Wing, so the information is at least out of date. Secondly, 680 Control is a Border Patrol identifier used throughout New York State.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies

I believe those 173 MHz listings are incorrect to begin with.

For one thing, the unit now assigned to the air base at Niagara Falls IAP is no longer the 107th Air Refueling Wing, so the information is at least out of date. Secondly, 680 Control is a Border Patrol identifier used throughout New York State.

The 173 frequencies are correct I was listening to them untill they went encrypted several days ago.
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

Steve, if you were hearing 680 Control, then you were monitoring the Border Patrol, not the Air Force Base. Whatever information source you are using for your frequency IDs has errors.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Air Force Base

Steve, if you were hearing 680 Control, then you were monitoring the Border Patrol, not the Air Force Base. Whatever information source you are using for your frequency IDs has errors.

Are we talking about 173.4375 AIR FORCE BASE SECURITY (P25 ENC) 680 CONTROL ,TERMINATOR ,VIPER , INDIA , ALPHA ,

I don't think I have ever herd the Border Patrol using Terminator, Viper, India, Alpha before and it was base security I remember that, But looking at the 680 Control I agree with you this must me a mistake on my part, I think there are other people in the Buffalo, Niagara Falls Area that can confim the information and clear this up, but yes you noticed a mistake on my part when the 680 Control was added to the frequency, thanks for pointing this out.
Steve

ecps92

India and Alpha are common CBP, BP, ICE Radio ID's

India - Investigator
Alpha - Agent

Lots of channels have undergone re-allignment in the Federal channels.

and what belonged to one agency in the WideBand days might be shifted to another now with Narrowband. Many have maintained the same, but now ued NAC's vs PL/DPL's.

With the NAC of $293, I'm going CBP Air-Base vs the USAF...for now.

Are we talking about 173.4375 AIR FORCE BASE SECURITY (P25 ENC) 680 CONTROL ,TERMINATOR ,VIPER , INDIA , ALPHA ,

I don't think I have ever herd the Border Patrol using Terminator, Viper, India, Alpha before and it was base security I remember that, But looking at the 680 Control I agree with you this must me a mistake on my part, I think there are other people in the Buffalo, Niagara Falls Area that can confim the information and clear this up, but yes you noticed a mistake on my part when the 680 Control was added to the frequency, thanks for pointing this out.
Steve

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I guess this will require more investigation.
In the mean time, the AF freqs that went crypto last week have recently been showing some clear comms. It is as if all their units have not been switched over.
Also, just for interest sake - what type of encryption are they using? I've never heard it before and the 396xt does not show ENC when they key up but it does show the NAC. Is that a feature of the radio or is it not able to recognise it as being encrypted?

ecps92

Which NAC are you confirming?

I guess this will require more investigation.
In the mean time, the AF freqs that went crypto last week have recently been showing some clear comms. It is as if all their units have not been switched over.
Also, just for interest sake - what type of encryption are they using? I've never heard it before and the 396xt does not show ENC when they key up but it does show the NAC. Is that a feature of the radio or is it not able to recognise it as being encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.