NYS Executive Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Does any one know what type of system they use or what frequency band they are on?

I remember seeing two of their judicial vehicles, and seeing a Motorola Hand Held Control for a mobile radio in it. Couldn't get a model number nor could I see any antennas on the vehicle that would give me an idea what band they are on.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
One was a TrailBlazer Color escapes me right now. The other was like a light blue Charger with a Chrome grill parked in front of the court house. The TrailBlazer had the hand held control for a radio and for lights and siren. The charger I only saw one for lights and sirens no radio.

sc800

What are executive branch judicial vehicles?

I thought the executive branch, and the judicial branch (OCA) were two separate arms of government?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
That had parking placards on the dashboard and it has the state seal with it saying New York State Executive Branch Judicial. I've always seen these two vehicles parked in front of the court house on market st in Poughkeepsie

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I thought it might have been our MSP units...but they don't need plaques because they're RMPs

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Who are they protecting?

If it's state police or federal they're probably using VHF

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I don't think they are protecting any one. Being since I've seen one of the vehicles there on a Saturday.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Here are some pics of the two vehicles I was talking about.. The fin like antenna I saw on the TrailBlazer at first I thought was for onstar but seeing that there is no onstar button on the windshield I figured it must be for the radio inside.

Attachments

• IMG-20110211-00375.jpg
    IMG-20110211-00375.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG-20110211-00376.jpg
    IMG-20110211-00376.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 350

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Could be but there is a Motorola Radio in that trail blazer and it has a hand held control head, and I don't see any other antennas...They do make low profile antennas that are made to look like satellite radio antennas.

D

DaveNF2G

The most likely Executive Branch departments to be hanging around a court house are Correctional Services and the Law Department.

tuffaznalz

Here are some pics of the two vehicles I was talking about.. The fin like antenna I saw on the TrailBlazer at first I thought was for onstar but seeing that there is no onstar button on the windshield I figured it must be for the radio inside.

Onstar is on the rear view mirrior of the Trailblazer.
Did you get a pctures of the placards?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Onstar is on the rear view mirrior of the Trailblazer.
Did you get a pctures of the placards?

I meant the mirror typo on my part. In the pic you can see it a little. Yes and both cars have standard plates. Next time when I see them at work I will try and snap a picture of the placard... I saw a TrailBlazer today with the same antenna so it is probably a satellite radio antenna.. I'm beginning to think maybe they are part of the district attorneys office but they can always park in the back parking lot then park on the street.. This is something I am going to try and research a little more because I'm kinda stumped about the HHCH in the TrailBlazer but no antenna.

northernrny

Antennas

As far as the antenna on the Trail Blazer goes, that certainly appears to be an OEM OnStar antenna.

Two-way radios do not require externally mounted antennas for receiving quite high quality radio traffic on both VHF, UHF and 800 mhz. An external antenna, such as one mounted on the roof or trunk of a vehicle will help with transmitting from that vehicle to other vehicles or a repeater, but usually does not have a drastic influence on reception. Those vehicles are likely equipped with 50 watt radios with an antenna positioned in them, in a location that I'm probably not supposed to reveal, pointed vertically. They will receive quite well, and have a transmit range in that configuration for a couple miles across varied terrain.

vinzep491

As far as the antenna on the Trail Blazer goes, that certainly appears to be an OEM OnStar antenna.

Two-way radios do not require externally mounted antennas for receiving quite high quality radio traffic on both VHF, UHF and 800 mhz. An external antenna, such as one mounted on the roof or trunk of a vehicle will help with transmitting from that vehicle to other vehicles or a repeater, but usually does not have a drastic influence on reception. Those vehicles are likely equipped with 50 watt radios with an antenna positioned in them, in a location that I'm probably not supposed to reveal, pointed vertically. They will receive quite well, and have a transmit range in that configuration for a couple miles across varied terrain.

Well if you arent gunna reveal the location why bring it up.... we're interested folk here at RR.

northernrny

antennas

I do realize that there are lots of interested folks on here. The location is not that important, and I have already provided a good deal of information on how some vehicles are now being configured with stealth antenna systems.

If you are interested, things to consider when installing stealth or "slick-top" interior antennas would be to keep a reasonably high distance from the majority of passengers to the antenna to prevent electromagentic radiational concerns and also limit interference with handheld devices that may utilize similar frequencies. Specifically, cellular phones and some short-range wireless connnections that are a part of CAD or MDT systems. I have also seen low frequency processors {such as GPU or graphics card processors} on some tablets and laptops interfere with 400 mhz reception and transmission when in close proximity.

Status
Not open for further replies.