Hamilton County Fire 45.16 - now on 158.400???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Tuesday night - February 8 at 7pm I happen to catch Hamilton County testing (something they have done for as long as I can remember). What was interesting was I was hearing them on 158.400 DPL025. I could hear them off both Oak Mountain and Blue Mountain Towers. The only fire department I could hear acknowledge the test was Morehouse Fire.

Someone must have set up a cross-band repeater, repeating 45.16 over 158.400. Signal is very weak at my location in the hill outside Poland, NY. I will set up one of my scanner to record this frequency.

Wondering if anyone else can pick it up??? They test every Tuesday night at 7pm.

Thanks!

John

D

DaveNF2G

Those are all on the same repeater. Personally, I don't care what the operator thinks. He is running an unlicensed, uncoordinated repeater.

SCPD

QRT
tons of activity here on 158.400 - all simplex. People plowing parking lots, others using it for hunting, and yet others just chit chating. PLs 141.3, 173.8, 71.9, 110.9, 118.9, 123.0 192.8

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
You can bet the ones plowing didnt want to spend the money for a license......and have top rated mobiles...or bought from fleabay and home brewed,i know a radio dealer that pokes these freqs in on a regular basis. we have a few in this area that have mobiles on the 151.xxx freqs...you can tell there motorola product from the off key of the mic. but at least there not running high powered repeaters linked to the internet.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I'm also wondering how all these radios are on the same frequency with their own tones. Because I know someone just didn't go and buy a bunch of commercial radios all on 158.400. Plowing, hunting, chit chat...I bet they didn't just come upon a pile of surplus radios
sounds like maybe a rogue radio shop?

Maybe a repeater with input on FRS

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
And this guy outa albany or where ever he is, what a rip Morse code id? wish i knew code better Must be he thinks people hear it and will be scared away

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
And this guy outa albany or where ever he is, what a rip Morse code id? wish i knew code better Must be he thinks people hear it and will be scared away

Maybe a recording can be made so it can be analyzed and maybe get closer to whats really going on

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I was reading Dave NF2G's site and alot of stuff on there as well as popular wireless dot com has pages on it. I think dave decoded the code if i read it right.

D

DaveNF2G

Last February I decoded KED361 as the callsign being transmitted in Morse code. The callsign belongs to Freepage in Long Island, NY. Either he's bootlegging the call, or this repeater is linked to something operated by Freepage. The second possibility seems unlikely as no paging comes over 158.400 in the Albany area.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
On the air now 162.2 PL 158.400 17:08 EST "183 can hear ya......"Is that you Keith keying up,"
Another one is Named Jim " Are you still on the air 144" "144 Ya out there" "183 to 54 go ahead" "i Have info for you i will call later 54 clear" 183 and whomever discussed the P100's.....
One Person asked where the repeater was....garbled answer. One was on Rt 80, WOW wants to by 4 Motorola P100's from Flea-Bay, (Hasnt gotten the word i guess on narrowband) And Wherever This "machine" is it has really bad desense from something

17:36 77.0 PL being tested someone keeps yelling no audio.....doh

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Does it sound like they're talking official business or like a free for all FRS?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Random stealthy BS......CBer' chat maybe hams.... Yous should be able to hear it in Saratoga.....all quite right now but it did send code out during thhere QSO

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I am hearing a bunch of chirping tones, two different types - first is a fast "hee haw" and the other is rapid "stutter" sound. They last for maybe 4 or 5 seconds plus a male voice (possibly a recording or similar) saying "Alert Zone 1" in between some of the tone groups.

This is a fairly strong signal as I am getting it about 4x4 with an old RadioShack scanner with just the stock antenna in the back.

The broadcast lasted maybe 3 or 4 minutes total and then they've gone silent.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Yup hear the same here. I guess thats the "zone" alert after reading the popularwireless site. Seems he has cams and alert zone 1 and zone 4 set up on this along with the voices from the south etc...

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
This has been going on for years and no one (in authority anyway) seems to care. I have heard a lot of chit chat over the years. I have my theories, but nothing other than that. I will say this. Obviously it has to be someone with "some" "know how". I feel bad for the poor guy on the other post that paid for the license and equipment.
There are people in several different geographic locations if you listen carefully. Something like the Albany area, Catskills, and Northern NJ.
I think it is hopeless to try to figure this out. Probably best to tune it out and leave it alone!

D

DaveNF2G

The "alert zone #" announcements seem to be from a commercially available driveway alarm system.

Status
Not open for further replies.