Albany Trunked system BB37

Status
Not open for further replies.

hummn

Ive been hearing chatter on 55184
Sounds like a shipping dock or the port?Anyone have any Ideas?
Also been hearing chatter and radio checks on 54096 Golf course maybe?OGS?

D

DaveNF2G

Sounds like some stuff from CC2F is moving over to BB37. The golf course used to be on the DGS system.

hummn

Not sure its the Golf course,Could be animal control? They just called control but thats all no reply?on 54096.
about 5 min ago
Theres not much action on those channels just every now and again Ill get a hit on them.

hummn

Radio Checks announce Security Control To Bravo-1 Bravo-3 Alfa-2 Etc.
I see that Court of appeals has it's own TGID would the County Court House have one as well?

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Have you checked the talkgroups on the RR database? This activity has been going on for sometime now, usually in the mornings. The database talkgroups differ slightly from what was brought over from NF2G and what existed before. I always leave a couple of wildcards in my radio to pick up new things and record them.

It says NYS DOH for that talkgroup. I have not heard anything that I noticed sounding like the other system, but you never know!.

The other Albany system's setup and talkgroups......endless discussion.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
55184 is a NYS OGS talkgoup, I will have to look up the official name for the channel...
54096 is NYSDOH, they have several area labs that use that TG.

The backup talkgroups for the CC2F (dgs) system are on the BB37 with the same tgids. Occasionally, a unit will accidentally switch towers and it will go over the BB37 system. You will also see police/fire accidentally switch from the AE Smith antenna to the CT antenna and transmit on their 'backup system'.

Mohawk has a second talk group we added for emergency use should their radio system fail - "Mohawk 2" - TGID: 54064

HTH!

Last edited:

hummn

Thank you,I did scan the database briefly,I must have missed it.I see alot of new stuff there.Even seen a few other Unknowns that I have but did'nt mention.
Thank you again.

hummn

Thank you FDNY,I was wondering if the two systems were mergeing together.I was hearing during the snow emergency some CC2F were talking on the BB37 system.Thought they might have a channel or TGID to talk to one another for towing cars?
I went to school with several guys from DGS and APD So I know their voices and whom they are and to hear them on the other system was odd to me? Thank you again and thank you for the Mohawk 2.Had it as another unknown.

Here are the other unknowns I have

these are within the last week not sure they are valid TGID's but they did hit atleast 2 times.

D

DaveNF2G

All of the valid TGIDs on this system start with the number 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.