Monroe County Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2ops

Heard P25 NAC153 and encrypted testing on 159.210 Thursday afternoon.

Other frequencies to check are 155.910, 156.030, 156.090, 156.150, 156.210, 158.730, 158.850, 158.955, 159.030, and 159.090.

Most of these were once law enforcement in Monroe County at one time.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
If you look in the FCC licenses for Ontario County, you will find all those frequencies. Somebody mentioned that they were putting together a VHF P25 system and finally placing transmitters on Lawrence Hill at the west edge of the County.

I suspect you would hear that loud and clear in Mt. Morris.

(I lived just a couple miles east of Lawrence Hill for 11 years.)

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that Monroe County is requesting an Emergency STA from the FCC, to activate a six-site Project 25 Simulcast TRS, on the 800 MHz band. More information maybe learned by reading the application on the FCC Web site.

73s

Ron

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

The whole system is on the west side. Maybe it's to support mutual aid with the existing Genesee County Moto system and the planned Orleans County P25 system.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The whole system is on the west side. Maybe it's to support mutual aid with the existing Genesee County Moto system and the planned Orleans County P25 system.
I'd be more inclined to think it might be a collaboration with Livingston County given the Lawrence Hill location, but we'll have to wait and see what other info surfaces.

eng5

Premium Subscriber
I think Ontario County has an application for 800MHz on Lawrence Hill. A couple of those VHF frequencies are still active Ontario County Sheriff's frequencies.

n2ops

Monroe County

A friend ID'd the call sign as Monroe County. Very interesting speculation though. I hope such speculation never makes ti to the database as fact.

Spend a few minutes in the FCC database and you will see these frequencies licensed to Monroe County.

D

DaveNF2G

That's why the FCC database is only a starting point for true forensic scanning. Those frequencies have belonged to Monroe County for decades. However, all of the police agencies that were using them have long since moved to UHF. If nearby Ontario County is also licensed for them now, then either Monroe County has notified the frequency coordinator of their intention to abandon the frequencies or the frequency coordinator is assuming that they will not be reactivated. The FCC presumes that the coordination is done correctly.

I suppose another possibility is that whoever did the coordination is ignorant of the licenses, but that seems unlikely as people connected with Monroe County have long been involved in the coordination process.

IceBlueEyes579

Premium Subscriber

Dave,

Is Orleans County getting a new P25 system? Do you know the Vendor/System/Specs on the system and if/when it will be up and running? This is the first time Ive heard about this.

Andrew

D

DaveNF2G

AFAIK none of that information is out yet. I only know that they plan to upgrade some day.

VE3RADIO

I love NY State, most of the systems I can pickup here in Oshawa, hope they are still as strong when they switch to P25

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Dave,

Is Orleans County getting a new P25 system? Do you know the Vendor/System/Specs on the system and if/when it will be up and running? This is the first time Ive heard about this.

Andrew

Yes, Orleans County is planning to erect a VOIP Project 25 TRS. I understand they chose EFJohnson to build it, since they already had a Multi-Net TRS in place. However, this was back in December of 2006, and we haven't received any updated information since then regarding this changeover.

73s

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.