Identify this Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfbenderjr

I took my fire pager with me on a trip from Central Wisconsin to New Jersey and back. I picked up some stuff along the way including what sounded like Fire Dispatch on my way to and from LGA.

Any idea who might be operating on

In Queens or the sourrounding area? Could not find anyone using this Freq in Queens or Manhattan.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Hard to really narrow down without more info, especially a PL/DPL which a pager wouldn't have been useful in determining. You could've been picking up agencies in NY, NJ or CT from the NYC Metro Area. You'd be surprised how far the radio waves can travel on VHF with all the water around here. If you had written down some of what you heard, such as identifiers, that would've made it a bit easier to narrow down. Try doing some geographic proximity searches of the FCC database by LAT/LONG and see what you come up with, but I have a feeling you're going to find quite a lot of results on those frequencies for the tri-state. You'll probably never really figure out who you were hearing.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The 154.385 frequency could very well have been Hackensack Fire Dispatch - they have that channel on a repeater & Bergen County would not be much of a stretch to the LGA area (that repeater easily blocks out the ability to hear Queens on 154.400 when in the Bergen area & transmitting).

Just my $0.02. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.