NY/NJ Division of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLou

Does anyone know the frequency or system that the NY/NJ Division of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force use? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

vinzep491

NATIONWIDE RADIO NETWORK ( All P25 )
Operations: F1 - 163.2000R F2 - 163.2000S
Border Operations: F3 - 164.6000R F4 - 164.0000S
Metro Areas: F5 - 162.7875R F6 - 162.7875S

JustLou

Don't be too quick to thank him -- I think he posted grossly outdated & inaccurate data. Monitor those freqs in the NY/NJ area & judge for yourself.

Hmm. OK. I'm at work and don't have any radios with me, so I can try them right now anyway.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Don't be too quick to thank him -- I think he posted grossly outdated & inaccurate data. Monitor those freqs in the NY/NJ area & judge for yourself.

Tim is correct - the US Marshals can use many different radio systems and usually have access to local and state agency systems as needed. On a big multi-agency sweep, they often utilize the radio system of the local agency they are working with. The US Marshals do not usually work these things alone...

But definitely search around the federal bands and see what might pop up...

- Chris

JustLou

Been scanning these freqs for a few hours, and haven't heard a thing. I'll do some searching of some federal and NY systems to see if I can come up with anything. I know their NY headquarters is in Manhattan.

ecps92

Patience.

It's not like listening to your local Police or Fire Dispatch

Activity will vary. You might hear lots on One Day or a Whole week, then nothing for days, weeks, months...

Listen, take lots of notes [Tones, Call Signs, Comments made] and then in a month or so, post back what you heard.

Above all - Don't post an active Surv Ops with locations etc. Poor form.

Good luck and best of all, use the SEARCH button

Been scanning these freqs for a few hours, and haven't heard a thing. I'll do some searching of some federal and NY systems to see if I can come up with anything. I know their NY headquarters is in Manhattan.

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
JustLou,

Try checking out the NJ State Police 800 trunk band in the database. There are a couple of channels that have been added recently for the US Marshals.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I know a while back when they had that big bust in Newburgh (recently) The Feds put up a repeater in Orange County, If I'm correct I believe its P25 and its on the VHF Freqs..

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I know when the Feebs were investigating the Stewart Airport plot they put up a temporary repeater on Snake Hill in New Windsor which was taken down when the op was complete. So what you hear one day may not be there the next.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Here in Los Angeles the feds like to also use state and federal mutual aid channels, especially on surveillances. You might want to try those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.