Monroe county help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

davnick

Hey guys...i was wondering if anyone could help me out....i am getting a Motorola ht-1000 and i need to know what the TX and RX frequency for the EMS and Fire dispatch, i know that the frequency that i would put in my scanner is 155.2950 for the ems and 154.3100 for the fire....i will have it on receive only so if any one could help me please reply.
Thanks,
Nick

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hey guys...i was wondering if anyone could help me out....i am getting a Motorola ht-1000 and i need to know what the TX and RX frequency for the EMS and Fire dispatch, i know that the frequency that i would put in my scanner is 155.2950 for the ems and 154.3100 for the fire....i will have it on receive only so if any one could help me please reply.
Thanks,
Nick
You've pretty much answered your own question. I am not familiar with that particular radio, but since I am guessing that you are going to use it as a portable scanner, there is likely no need to program any frequency for TX.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Like Steve said, if you're only going to use it as a glorified scanner, then you have no need for any TX frequencies.

RF-Burns

When you program the radio make sure you do a few things. All of Monroe County Fire and EMS are now using Narrowband. You must program the radio in Narrowband or the audio will not be that loud. Also, make sure you put in the correct DPL Codes. Monroe County switched to DPL and not PL. To answer your original question though, in Monroe County the Transmit Freq is the same as the Receive Freq. Unless you have rights to transmit I would not suggest you putting in the transmit freq. You could find yourself in some hot water.

davnick

so if i dont put in the transmit frequency it wont be able to transmit....im getting a HT-1000 is there any way to turn the whole transmit off...or will not putting the transmit frequency do the job?
thanks,
Nick

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
there is either a RX only box when programming or you can put blank in it....."b"...i have done this in maxtrac and the like.....

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
so if i dont put in the transmit frequency it wont be able to transmit....im getting a HT-1000 is there any way to turn the whole transmit off...or will not putting the transmit frequency do the job?
thanks,
Nick

On the screen where you enter the Freq info there is a spot called "Rx Only Channel" select enable, See attached picture.

Last edited:

jvdet

Then you dont need the DPL/PL at all to listen, but if you have a scanner what advantage is a 2way radio over a scanner which gives you all the 'listening' you will ever need ?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Then you dont need the DPL/PL at all to listen, but if you have a scanner what advantage is a 2way radio over a scanner which gives you all the 'listening' you will ever need ?

Some times using an actual radio as a glorified is better, depending on what you want to do if all he wants to do is listen to a 16 or less freqs and he can get the radio cheaper then a scanner, then hey why not?. An actual radio has a better receiver and not subjected to intermod like a scanner is. What difference if he has the PL/DPL's or not? There are some scanners that have that function. I like to listen to the Ulster County EMS dispatch freg but that freq is also shared with Transcare for their ambulates which I really don't want to hear, so having the PL is a good thing. If he plans on transmitting on it and he is not authorized then he'll end up getting caught, but give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure there are a few other enthusiast on this board that use Radio's as "glorified scanners" its part of the hobby.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I have a bunch of Lo band maxtrac/Radius as glorified......having Pl/DPL cuts out the annoying static and other stuff. and one would be surprised how much there is out there

Status
Not open for further replies.