Some Ideas for Rochester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dampier

Feed Provider
I've noticed a growing number of feeds effectively duplicating each others' efforts between the Sheriff and city police frequencies. With the heavy traffic on these channels, it can be very hard to follow a call as traffic from different channels walk all over each other.

It would be great to see one person provide city eastside and another do the westside, and perhaps divide up the admin channels between each another. That could make it a lot easier to follow events, especially on busy nights.

I don't know how the sheriff channels are organized these days, so I don't know what kind of load they have.

Just an idea, and one that could encourage some new feeds by sending them additional traffic they might not get otherwise when someone else has been offering much the same coverage for longer. I know it costs a lot to dedicate a digital scanner for the benefit of the rest of us, and I'd hate to see anyone decide to give up because they weren't getting the number of listeners they'd like to see justifying the effort.

And always, my great thanks to everyone who has provided dedicated coverage. Your efforts do not go unnoticed!

GSPD

My thoughts also.....I would love to see some dedicated feeds in the area, especially Greece PD and MCSO. You get way too much congestion having the county feed. At times, I wish I had the means or equipment to provide a separate feed. I wasn't happy with the scanner route for digital, so I went with an XTS2500 and Astro Spectra......

Status
Not open for further replies.