Another NYCOMCO Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Yup starting another nycomco thread here...

Like a week or so ago I was talking on one of the local machines and the other gentlemen and I got on the topic of NYCOMCO's Edacs sites and he was telling me that he heard Town of Poughkeepsie unit come across the Beacon Tower once. Was wondering if any one could shed some light on this to see if its true. I rarely listen to the Beacon Tower but I'm going to throw their TG on the Beacon system in my radio and see if I hear anything.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Confirmed. I've been hearing BOTH the Town and City of Poughkeepise on Beacon for the past month or so. Talkgroups 01-021 and 01-081. I've had them locked out though for a while, so don't know if it's a full-time or only when a unit affiliates. I'm assuming it's only when a unit affiliates so as to not use up bandwidth.

Last edited by a moderator:

sc800

e,

Just how many talkgroups can they squeeze onto one tower without problems.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's not really a matter of how many physical talkgroups each site can handle, it's a matter of how much activity vs available voice channels each site can handle. You can have 500 relatively quiet talkgroups assigned to one site, and only 20 very busy talkgroups assigned to another site, and you'll have a lot more busy signals with the latter because of higher activity.

Remember, you have to subtract one frequency from the pool because it functions as a dedicated control channel, the rest can be used for voice traffic. So a site like Graham, which has three assigned frequencies, only has two voice channels available at any given time. Beacon has nine frequencies, so eight voice channels are available at any given time. Obviously Beacon can handle a lot more active users than Graham can.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Thank's e911 I am going to throw those two talk groups on the beacon system on the radio I used for monitoring edacs

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
*sigh* Just when I get the scanner programmed for all the NYCOMCO stuff, they change something! :)

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
*sigh* Just when I get the scanner programmed for all the NYCOMCO stuff, they change something! :)

Gotta love NYCOMCO...LOL, They NEED to change our radios out in DC DPW we are currently leasing the 300P's not a real fan of those radios, volume knob not tight enough if my arm brushes against it it will turn the volume all the way down or turn it off.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
My old agency used the LPE-200s for years, which I hated. They recently switched to the P5100s. I have a Jaguar 700P with extended knobs. Works like a charm. I suprised they haven't swiched you guys yet. Mosty are going to the 5100's...

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
My old agency used the LPE-200s for years, which I hated. They recently switched to the P5100s. I have a Jaguar 700P with extended knobs. Works like a charm. I suprised they haven't swiched you guys yet. Mosty are going to the 5100's...

Yes I've seen that over here in Dutchess the switch to the P5100's, I'd prefer a LPE-200 over a 300P, a 700P is nice but kinda bulky Probation has like 2 of the 700's never really seen them used though.

kc2sjw

i've switch over to all uniden scanners and the latest firmware version have provision for multi site op. this allows you to program a set of tg's and all towers that are programed will look for all unlocked tgs thta are active.
and yes scott it does miss some conversations. this feature is nice to see when nycomco switchs stuff on and off line.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks:

Based on some field testing with my Pro-94 and from what I read in the database, the following talkgroups are AEGIS digital clear and/or encrypted: (in DEC format)

148, 157, 194, 238, 262 (mixed analog/digital), 417, 418, 419, 421, 804, 808

Is this the complete list, or are there more that aren't listed due to them not being identified?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Hi folks:

Based on some field testing with my Pro-94 and from what I read in the database, the following talkgroups are AEGIS digital clear and/or encrypted: (in DEC format)

148, 157, 194, 238, 262 (mixed analog/digital), 417, 418, 419, 421, 804, 808

Is this the complete list, or are there more that aren't listed due to them not being identified?

Just checked my list nd I also show 158 for T/Poughkeepsie, 440 for C/Beacon and 612/613 for City of Newburgh (DET 2A and DET 3A). I don't have a conversion chart in front of me, but City of Kingston 06-044 Patrol 2, 06-050 Tac 2 and 06-057 also have AEGIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.