New Digital System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Can anyone identify the continuous UHF digital buzz signals heard lately in the Mid - Hudson valley area? Today they're on 451.2625, 451.5625, 451.675, 451.8625, and 460.650 MHz. They sound like trunked data channels. Not showing up in scanner search as EDACS or Motorola.
I'm also hearing similar digital signals - not continuous - on 460.7625, 461.7125, 462.1625, and 462.4625 MHz.
These are all licensed to NYCOMCO. Could this be a new digital trunked system - possibly MOTOTRBO?

I'm not sure if this is related - City of Poughkeepsie DPW (which has been on NYCOMCO EDACS) is getting new radios. I'm hearing much less traffic from them on EDACS - mainly references to the new radios. Today I saw a city garbage truck - the antenna on the cab roof was a straight stick (about a foot long) - no 800 MHz. pigtail coil. Possibly NYCOMCO is moving them to a new system.
The Poughkeepsie City PD also got new radios recently, but they're still on EDACS.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Interesting as i have heard that Bottini oil is switching to a new system to get all there company's on the same page.....there on a mix of low band and UHF ......And you say about a foot long?.....Maybe High band wide band antenna? i know they have some high band stuff set up. although a lot of its west and south of P-town...

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I've heard that since NYCOMCO linked the towers for Orange County that they wanted to get pretty much every one else off EDACS and just have EDACS for public safety. A while ago at work I saw something from NYCOMCO about NextEdge by Kenwood with a small little blurp about MotoTurbo. Not that long ago I saw a Transcare rig with a Turbo radio in it, and I know Transcare at some point was on NYCOMCO's LTR sytem and then I heard that supposedly they went to Goosetown. NYCOMCO does have a Turbo system up on Walker Mountain that I know of.

orangEMT246

Regional EMS in Orange County / Hudson Valley Paramedics in Dutchess, Westchester Counties are also on the Goosetown LTR Passport system. Same company, just different divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.