Sleepy Hollow radio study

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluechalk1024

There was an article in the Tarrytown Patch about Sleepy Hollow. It said:

Trustee David Schroedel said the Public Safety Committee was looking at what the Department of Public Works, Fire Department and Ambulance Corps would need to do to bring their radio band frequencies up to federal mandates.

Of course, there were no details. Can somebody explain what they are looking to do?

D

DaveNF2G

Probably narrowbanding. That is the only "mandate" coming up.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Probably narrowbanding. That is the only "mandate" coming up.

And if their radio inventory is less than 10 or 11 years old, it is not much of a problem at all.

What can be a real monkey wrench in the works is if their
county decides to do something expensive (and probably not needed) like installing a whole new system.

The only other issue is FCC licensing, and that may or may not be a hassle depending on many things. If it is only adding NB emissions, the FCC has streamlined the process tremendously.

Dave, I submitted a ULS application on Wednesday evening to modify a local township's highway department license just to add NB emissions, correct a spelling error, and to change the contact to me. The mod was approved, authorized, granted, and in the mail by noon today!

The last one I did took a full 60 days just a couple of months ago.

Alarms50

What can be a real monkey wrench in the works is if their
county decides to do something expensive (and probably not needed) like installing a whole new system.

Just an FYI, SHFD is utilizing Westchester County's Trunked System for FD responses, so that should not be an issue. I know SHPD is still on VHF, and the FD used to be on VHF until about two years ago when they started utilizing the Trunked System.

Status
Not open for further replies.