Schoharie County Fire VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

Does anyone have an update as to whether or not Schoharie 911 is still patching 46.18 to 153.7625? It's been a while since I've been up that way and was looking to update some radios.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
That was taken down because Schoharie County did not have a license to transmit on 153.7625 AND it was interfering with Herkimer County Fire Dispatch. Herkimer County's repeater input is 153.7700.

Schoharie County could actually go through a frequency coordinator and get a license, but I believe they haven't done anything so far...

John
W2RJO

stagnuts

No the repeater is still down. talked to the moto guy that put it up and the county has no intention on paying for the license. Trust me i want it back up cause it is a pain to have to carry my radio and a low band pager to hear all fire calls.

SCPD

QRT
Okay so let me get this straight.... Schoharie County is willing to spend money to put up a cross-band repeater but they won't spend the $200 to do frequency coordination? That makes no sense at all.

I don't feel so bad about my county and their cheap ways! ;-)

John

stagnuts

Honestly I don't think that it was the county that put up the repeater. I think it was the dealer that did that on his own. Just my guess.

SCPD

QRT
Schoharie County VHF Hi-band simulcast of 46.18 has been moved to 151.0775 PL 179.9.

153.7625 is no longer used and was never licensed for use by Schoharie County...

151.0775 is licensed to Jefferson Fire District WQEJ928. I monitored the Saturday Noon Siren and Pager test today and it appears to work very well. Probably on Petersburg Mountain. Very strong signal here at my location.

I submitted the information to RR.... so there should be an update coming soon.

73!

John
W2RJO

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
If you look at there license there running 2 repeaters one on 151.0775 and one one 155.415 as well as 151.160 for a base station looks like to me its on someones farm off Mt Jefferson rd...i looked and there the only ones licensed in this spot....so cant be a very popular spot...

onsceno

Bump ;)

I understand this VHF channel is simulcasting ops on 46.18, but do we know if in fact it is simulcasting everything over low-band (dispatching, tones, etc)?

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
i can hear the hi-band on my bct15x in my truck up here in lewis county, not shure what watts they are putting out, but its a strong signal

SCPD

QRT
VHF-Hi Cross-Band Repeater is on Petersburg Mountain. 151.0775 is a 50 watt radio into an Andrews DB-264 antenna.
Big signal! I can hear in on a whip antenna at my location.

SCPD

QRT
Well just because the license says it's locate at XYZ does not mean they are transmitting from the licensed location. Believe me it goes on more than you know. Also there are agencies operating on expired licenses. Additionally, some frequencies listed on licenses are no longer used but the keep getting renewed.

So you can't always go by what is says on the license.... just saying!

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
O i am well aware of misguided license's and frequency hoarding....makes it tuff to cure radio issues at sites when its not supposed to be there......

Status
Not open for further replies.