Problems with Wayne county VHF system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamAlborn

Is anybody having trouble scanning frequency 151.3775? For some reason the frequency is terible but it comes in better on the old frequency 453.625. It makes you wonder if they forgot to turn off the old signal. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Hopefully they will figure this out.

k2hz

Database Admin
Wayne County 151.3775 sounds very good in the Rochester area.

Is your scanner capable of tuning 151.3775 or are you trying to receive it by programming it rounded off to a nearby frequency? If the scanner is tuned off frequency the signal will be distorted. Does your scanner have a narrow band mode? Narrow band audio will sound somewhat weak and noisy on a wide band receiver.

Chief59026

Premium Subscriber
The 453.625 frequency is not run by Wayne county, that frequency was set up by the Ontario fire company because of poor reception on the old low band frequencies in their area. I'm not sure how long they will be maintaining this. The other receive sites are slowly being added as the towers they are being put on are modified to hold the antennas and the legal paper work is completed.

WilliamAlborn

I have a uniden scanner that does fire tone outs. I am looking for walworth fire department tones. Does anybody have them? I found ambulance tones but those are the only ones I can find. Are they the same tones just somehow goes off different on the pagers? That is the only difference between the scanner and the pager unfortunetly. The scanner is coming in a little better on the new frequency but the audio is not quit there yet. Thanks for the tones if anybody can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.