Department of Homeland Security in the Poughkeepsie area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Does any one know what freqs they might be using? Every once in a while I'll see a couple of their cars floating around the Main St area where the Social Security Admin building is located.

ecps92

Well DHS is a rather large umbrella.

CBP, ICE, BP, FPS etc

Most likely you see the FPS

Does any one know what freqs they might be using? Every once in a while I'll see a couple of their cars floating around the Main St area where the Social Security Admin building is located.

mancow

Database Admin
People seem to nd confused by the DHS. It's like asking about the dept of Treasury or Justice. It's the agencies within that have the assets.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
92 yes I mean FPS I should of been more clear.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Ok according to the wiki link..new york is region 2 and would use a freq of 417.200 but the last FPS car I've seen was about a few weeks ago and had a VHF low profile quarter wave....I'll plug the freq in my scanner and see if I hear anything

D

DaveNF2G

The Federal government is like the 800-pound gorilla.

"Where does an 800-pound gorilla sleep?" "Anywhere it wants to."

ecps92

90% of them now have the VHF whip, for interop with "Sector in Orlando" but the FPS is 406-420. NY / NJ / PA have just begun moving to the new Frequencies from the old 417.2000 keep listening

Ok according to the wiki link..new york is region 2 and would use a freq of 417.200 but the last FPS car I've seen was about a few weeks ago and had a VHF low profile quarter wave....I'll plug the freq in my scanner and see if I hear anything

Status
Not open for further replies.