Help in Dutchess County (or going through it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skooter92

Premium Subscriber
I travel through Dutchess County along the Taconic on a semi-regular basis, and I'm looking for suggestions from regular Dutchess monitors for frequencies to throw into the 996XT as I drive through. I listen to Troop K already; what I'm looking for are the most-used and most informative general use ones to program in. I've looked at the database; now I need someone who actually knows which ones give the most in local conditions to monitor. Thanks!!

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
158.775 PL 141.3 Taconic State Parkway Police
155.415 DPL654 Dutchess 911
156.135 PL 156.7 Dutchess Co Sheriff
159.210 PL 94.8 Dutchess Co Sheriff TAC
154.710 PL 94.8 Dutchess Co Sheriff Car to Car

Spec

Just a side note: 158.775 is NYS Office of Parks , Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) it is a shared frequency with the park police. Not "Parkway Police" which do not exist. The Taconic is patrolled by NYSP K troop. Now that is not to say the park police won't do a traffic stop...they will and do.You might look in the RR data base and put in the F 1 for DC Fire. They dispatch all the fire / rescue on the TSP for Dutchess Co.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Oh no, Spec, I know...I meant the context of Taconic State Parkway Police, not Parkway Police...LOL. And yes, the Parkies WILL make car stops along the Taconic!

Spec

Thank you both for the info....and now another question! Is EMS dispatch for the county on one frequency by Dutchess 911 or by community?
Thanks again.
F-1 DCFC for the most part. There are exceptions, but for the Taconic F-1 Fire.

Spec

Oh no, Spec, I know...I meant the context of Taconic State Parkway Police, not Parkway Police...LOL. And yes, the Parkies WILL make car stops along the Taconic!
I figured you knew -it was just a clarification. :)

nah2323

All dispatch, with the exception of C/o Poughkeepsie (does not encompass the TSP) runs through the DC911 dispatch center and is on F1. To listen to troop k, you would need two freqs at once to hear the entire communication. M->B is different than B->M (and they respond quick.) DCSO C->C and LawTac is pretty quiet..

Don't get nabbed with that thing operating in the vehicle, misdemeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.