SCPD

QRT
I run the ''Monroe County Police feed''. Wanted to know what
the special ops freqs were for MCSO in Rochester,Ny. If anyone has
any info that would be great.

D

DaveNF2G

Probably little-used simplex channels.

Don't the RR rules prohibit streaming that kind of traffic?

tuffaznalz

Probably little-used simplex channels.
Every MCSO SWAT call-out or high risk warrant attempt I've heard in the last year has used the channel. I think they may even have a low power repeater for it. On one call before the channel switch, I heard CMD say "the hardline is ready and the antenna is up" or something to that effect.

RF-Burns

For every SWAT Call out in Monroe County, the Monroe County Communications Truck goes. The Truck roles with a 911 dispatcher trained in field ops, a radio tech from the "Hill" and a Supervisor from the "Hill". Every time the truck goes out it has to have those three or it won't role. Once they get on-scene they go to the IC and find out what he or she wants. 99% of the time for SWAT Operations they go to simplex. The truck will raise up one of its 3 antennas up 20 to 50 feet in the air.

Every MCSO SWAT call-out or high risk warrant attempt I've heard in the last year has used the channel. I think they may even have a low power repeater for it. On one call before the channel switch, I heard CMD say "the hardline is ready and the antenna is up" or something to that effect.

tuffaznalz

For every SWAT Call out in Monroe County, the Monroe County Communications Truck goes. The Truck roles with a 911 dispatcher trained in field ops, a radio tech from the "Hill" and a Supervisor from the "Hill". Every time the truck goes out it has to have those three or it won't role. Once they get on-scene they go to the IC and find out what he or she wants. 99% of the time for SWAT Operations they go to simplex. The truck will raise up one of its 3 antennas up 20 to 50 feet in the air.
I recall reading or hearing that somewhere before, is the "hardline" the link between the command truck and the radio truck?

nudave

One thing I found interesting is that they used the Irondequoit PD channel for most of the broadcast even when the MC communications truck was there the past weekend. I could hear multiple times "fire in the hole" or "blue team in position". They switched to the hardline around mid-day, 12 hours well into the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.